Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Why am I getting slowdowns?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ianclearweather

I've tried playing Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and Simpsons Hit & Run. In both games I get 100% speed most of the time, but it frequently drops down to as low as 85%. I've stress tested my GPU and CPU recently with no issues. My GPU scored 2839 with FurMark. My CPU stays at ~25% usage while running Dolphin, and the highest spikes are around 40%. I don't overclock, and I'm hoping that I won't need to. I'm looking to stay at 100% nonstop.

Specs:

Dolphin 4.0.2 x64
ASRock Z77
Intel i7 2600k
Nvidia GTX 660 Ti
G.SKILL Ripjaw X series DDR3 8gbx2 RAM
ADATA ASP900S3 (SSD)

Settings: Default, I believe, other than OpenGL, DSP LLE and Internal Resolution: Auto (Window Size) I've also used 2x Native. I don't want to use anything lower, and I don't think that I should have to with the PC that I have. I was hoping to use much more intensive options. Here's a link to the settings, in case I forgot anything: http://imgur.com/a/rZAng#rlWrHTD
Use DSP HLE or OC
Also turn on vertex streaming hack.
Yeah... Those games should play full speed on your hardware, turn off DSP LLE, HLE is fine for pretty much any game these days. Your CPU is pretty good with Dolphin, but you will need to OC if your going to be playing the intensive games (SMG, Las Story, etc), ESPECIALLY with DSP LLE.

ianclearweather

I turned on the vortex streaming hack and switched back to HLE, and everything's working fine now. I was getting slowdowns before I switched to LLE too, but that was probably because I hadn't set OpenGL at that point. Thanks for your help.
(01-16-2014, 02:26 PM)ianclearweather Wrote: [ -> ]I turned on the vortex streaming hack and switched back to HLE, and everything's working fine now. I was getting slowdowns before I switched to LLE too, but that was probably because I hadn't set OpenGL at that point. Thanks for your help.

Yeah, you wont need LLE until you start emulating games that use the Zelda ucode (SMG, LoZ:TP as examples). Glad everything is working Big Grin

Edit: Plus OpenGL is the fastest backend for Nvidia cards.