Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: My Nvidia Geforce GT630 doesn't show up when I go to graphics config
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ummm. Jhonn, you do realize that Vertex Streaming Hack lowers CPU usage, right? Vertex Loader is on the CPU thread, to my knowledge.
(01-15-2014, 10:48 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Ummm. Jhonn, you do realize that Vertex Streaming Hack lowers CPU usage, right?

Didn't know that... At least the last time I tried it increased the GPU usage, but the game was running fullspeed anyway, so, I didn't verify if CPU usage changed Tongue
It's one of those things that completely defy what you'd think they'd do. Also, as of latest builds, it does nothing on modern graphics cards thanks to them no longer needing hacks.
Ummm..... so what can I do again?
Btw I tried the newest the newest version of dolphin and same thing happened
My guess: your CPU was using Turbo Boost before, but now it's not. Turbo Boost only activates if your laptop can handle the extra heat of running the CPU at high frequencies. Turbo Boost is probably not being enabled for whatever reason. Use CPU-Z to monitor your CPU's clocks dynamically; anything greater than 2.2GHz while playing Dolphin means Turbo Boost is working in some capacity.

You can force Turbo Boost to be on manually. Google "dolphin emu laptop peformance guide" and follow the relevant instructions (should step 2 or something like that).
I'll try it thanks a million.
Wait, in the guide it says that i3 CPUs don't have turbo boost Sad
Oops. Guess you're short on luck then. If you follow the first part of the guide, it tells you exactly how to get a dedicated mobile GPU working with Dolphin. The most I can say is make sure you did that correctly.
I don't know a lot, but if I was worried my video card wasn't working properly with the application I would download GPU-Z and check the sensor tab while running dolphin and make sure that it is under a decent load. I would think at least 30-40% usage even with a CPU bottleneck, but that's just my guess. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
It depends. If you´re using high IR and high AA, the GPU usage will go up. If not, it would keep more or less the % of usage you said.

And yes, for more accurate knowledge of that you´ll need GPU-Z.
Pages: 1 2