Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is it ok?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Zeliga

Windows 8 64x
AMD A4-4300M APU with Radeon HD Graphics (2 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
8,0GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 7420G

Please tell me what version you recommend me to use, thanks Big Grin
Im currently using Dolphin SVN R 6515 x64 Build by Lectrode
4.0.2+, I have no idea why you would even use that old build
Ok for what ? which game ?
For most Wii/GC games , that CPU is so horrible (or should i say total garbage) . Light-weight games that can be playable with that CPU may be even less than fingers on your hand
Keep in mind that Dolphin is a dual core application , latest Dolphin is quite demanding and we don't support nor recommend old version . All mobile APU are weak , extremely weak in term of CPU raw performance . Even the fastest / latest Quad Core APU A10 5750M performance is not even close to dual core i3 4000M in multithreaded benchmark .Its single threaded performance is even worse .
(01-15-2014, 03:27 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]I have no idea why you would even use that old build

Way faster. Especially for his CPU. Not enough I guess :p
I know, but we don't support those
Have you tried overclocking it to 3 GHz?
Overclocking this CPU isn't really recommended
(01-16-2014, 10:08 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Overclocking this CPU isn't really recommended

Actually, they push that frequency automatically. Or at least my A6 APU does that.
That isn't going to cut it. 3 GHz on that cpu is still way too slow.

Also it's a laptop so overclocking it is not a good idea.
You can overclock a mobile Llano APU (A6/8 3xxxM) by using K10stat . Trinity (A4/6/8/10 4xxxM) and richland (.....5xxxM) are locked to the core , there is absolutely no way you can overclock them