Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Save file issues (Wii)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Gerikale

Hey guys.

I'm having problems when trying to create a save file for a Wii game in Dolphin 4.0. I went trough every webiste I found on Google and found no answer, hope you can help me!

So the thing is: I'm trying to emulate Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn and when I load it everything goes fine until it tells me that a new Save File needs to be created. I say "yes" to everything but then a message appears telling me that "The Game File could not be created" and then it tells me that I can play without saving.

I tried with both versions (PAL and NTSC) and the same thing happened (although, for some reason, NTSC ran slower than PAL). Then I downloaded a save file and imported it, it loaded fine but when I tried to start a "New Game" the file was deleted and I started getting those annoying error messages again.
I ran as administrator too, and nothing happened.

Hope somebody can help me, this is driving me nuts!
(At least I think i'll be able to use save states... but let's hope we can solve this)

Thanks!
Where do you have your Dolphin folder? Try moving it to somewhere you know you have full access like "My Documents"

Gerikale

It's already there!
Btw, I don't have any problem when playing GC games
It happens because your username (and thus the path to my documents) has non-ascii characters. It's fixed in 4.0.2 and newer.