Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: blank minimap Twilight princess GC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The minimap on twilight princess GC only works on D3D11, but i lack fps with D3D11 everywhere. Im in goron mine @ 17-22 fps

The fps comes close to 30 with openGL and D3D9 but the minimap is blank without any arrows. running dolphin 4.0.. i think its a software problem since i could run the game fine before 4.0 came out... can you help me out ? i can provide more information like specs etc.
Graphics > Hacks, set "Embedded Frame Buffer" to "RAM".

Unfortunately, EFB to RAM is probably gonna make the framerate just as bad as on D3D11... I hear checking "Cache" improves the framerate a bit in this game.
The FPS is faster on openGL. I've used the settings you provided but still no map. Here are screenshots of the missing maps. please help !!
For the left shot, press right on the D-Pad to show the map. For the right shot I'm not actually sure why it's doing that.
@paul - If you look carefully, you'll notice that the Dpad icon in the left is actually pretty far up in the screen (relative to the bottom). This is about the normal height the icon would be if the minimap were displaying correctly. When the minimap is deactivated, it floats down to the lower-end of the screen. I too thought this was a case of user-error, but it doesn't look like it (or at least it's not as simple as pressing the Right input on the Dpad).
Use the latest build and make sure this is still an issue. Update your video card drivers as well.
Updated catalyst control center, and now openGL crashes only when I load twilight princess (or any gamecube games, I dont know...), because openGL works on Skyward Sword. And also D3D9 became slower..but still cant see map. still using lastest build of dolphin.
DX9 isn't in the latest builds, so either you used DX11 or you didn't use the latest builds
Ive reinstalled version 3.5, running with openGL... never seen such great performances on twilight princess WITH the map present... while on version 4.02 i have never seen such pitiful performances
Sadly if you are using a build earlier than the latest official builds on the website or the latest dev builds you forfeit support. Build v3.5 is no longer a supported build and newer builds fix several issues. I'll leave this open for now but please don't request further support should you run into an issue unless you are using v4.0 or newer.
Pages: 1 2