Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Order in the file directory do not match the block order
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I keep getting this error while trying to delete a Animal Crossing save game on my memcard to install a new one.

any help?
Looks like something happened to your memory card file that messed it up. The dialog gives you the solution. Export all of your saves to .GCI files, delete the memory card, start Dolphin with a game that makes a save (SSBM creates one right away, this step makes sure Dolphin creates a fresh, new memory card file), then import all of your .GCI files to the memory card file.
(01-13-2014, 03:40 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like something happened to your memory card file that messed it up. The dialog gives you the solution. Export all of your saves to .GCI files, delete the memory card, start Dolphin with a game that makes a save (SSBM creates one right away, this step makes sure Dolphin creates a fresh, new memory card file), then import all of your .GCI files to the memory card file.

That fixed it!
Thanks!
hey i know how to get around the issue but i would like to know the exact technical reason behind this error. I wondering if you could go into deep details on the meaning of the error?

reason i ask is because i have been working very hard for about a month or so on converting my fire emblem path of radiance SaveData from PAL To NTSC which seems to be in impossible task. so far i have removed the copy protection Via hex but when i try to edit certain information in the memorycard the nothing really happens in the game no corrupted save data but no old data ether just that damn new game prompt

long story short upon trying to delete that modded savedata i get that error up there.
but as for me removing it i have pulled my gamecube bios from my old gamecube and applied it to dolphin, within the GC bios i can then delete the bad savedata.

but information on the error would be helpful.
because from what i believe is that maybe the gamecube memorycard has files and folders in it like how a pc does not just raw data.
reason behind that theory is that on a ps2 memorycard there is files and folders and with a exploited ps2 you can view, add, edit and delete the files manually
but back to topic, im thinking besides hex editing if i can view the physical files and folders with some program perhaps with gamecube file browser?
The error is because you are using an old version of dolphin
Your memory card was fragmented, older versions of dolphin simply refused to delete files in this case because the code was only written for nonfragmented cards.

At some point (years ago) I fixed this, but also more recently, fire emblem saves are fixed on import to update the card serial number and checksum
(11-24-2014, 12:32 PM)LPFaint99 Wrote: [ -> ]The error is because you are using an old version of dolphin
Your memory card was fragmented, older versions of dolphin simply refused to delete files in this case because the code was only written for nonfragmented cards.

At some point (years ago) I fixed this, but also more recently, fire emblem saves are fixed on import to update the card serial number and checksum

im running the latest dolphin so that cant be it..

but say it sounds like your on to something there with that checksums and serial number
i i have been reading everything theres to know about the gamecube memorycard Structure here
http://hitmen.c02.at/files/yagcd/yagcd/c...html#sec12

and it shed a little light on understanding the bytes but my hex editor does not show things as 0x001a05 but as 00001a05 so a little estimation is applied

so would i need to not replace the unique card id(maybe means the serial No) and the Checksum 1 and 2 data?