Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Requesting a Favor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can someone do me and likely other Dolphin users a favor and provide a custom build based on master except without the PPC_FP merge that messed up Sonic Colors and other games? Thank you very much, it would be greatly appreciated until developers can fix the issues the PPC_FP merge caused. I do understand that I may forfeit support by using a custom build. Smile
What commit merged it? I think I can do that^^
https://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/so...b4215562d3
This one. It was the merge in 4.0-404, commit b863e40677710f2d53cae8aedfe450b4215562d3
Nope, actually there are many conflicts and fixing that would be a pain. sorry :/
Damn. Not sure why this was merged when it breaks as much or more than it fixes. Really should be reverted and put back into a branch until the kinks are worked out.
It doesn't break anything, it just shows how broken Dolphin already is. That's a different thing, and precisely the reason why it has not been reverted.
I see. Still it's too bad that it's going to take too much work to provide a custom build without this commit due to conflicts.
The latest development builds are bleeding edge software for a reason too. They're still WIP builds no matter how stable some of them are or aren't. I see nothing wrong with the merge; Dolphin's not going to get better if developers didn't try to make changes like this in the long run. The dev builds are going to get stable sooner or later though, I'd just sit tight or use a build before the merge.
I know but dat fixed ZWW heat effect. Tongue

Edit: Also other fixes since the stable builds were posted.