Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Crash at game launch with OpenGL *Second time ONLY*
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Meds0515

UPDATE: Posted this issue (including the fix) here: https://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/is...il?id=6951

Hey everyone - weird problem here.

Specific games I've tried this with: Wind Waker and Skyward Sword.

Both ran FLAWLESSLY until recently.

Start with a fresh install of dolphin. Select OpenGL as backend. Launch one of these games. It runs great. However, if I then close the ISO and then relaunch it, it opens the window with a black screen and then crashes. At this point, I can go launch another game (that hasn't been launched yet), and it runs FINE. However, if I stop it and run it a second time, it crashes.

Is there some file that Dolphin writes to the first time that I can delete or something? Any other ideas on how to fix this? I ask because OpenGL is needed for certain parts of Skyward Sword.

This problem does NOT occur with Direct3D11. Currently, I can only "fix" it by re-installing Dolphin, but then it occurs again, as described above.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Specs:
Windows 8.1
Intel i7 4700MQ
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770M
8 GB RAM
Dolphin 4.0.2

===========UPDATE============

Deleting the ENTIRE "Dolphin Emulator" folder in C:/Users/<User>/Documents fixes the problem. Don't know what specific file in there could be causing it though. If anyone has any tips let me know.

===========UPDATE============

Narrowed the offending folder down the "ShaderCache" folder. Deleting this results in a successful next launch. To be specific: C:/Users/<User>/Dolphin Emulator/ShaderCache is apparently the offending folder.
Have you tried it with LLE recompiler?
Have you tried it with another power outlet in another room?

Edit: To be a bit helpful: Are you able to generate a stacktrace? I would like to know whether this crash happens in dolphin or in nvidia code.