Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin has suddenly stopped working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

TheOro44

Hey guys, I'm having a real problem with Dolphin over here.

My specs:

Win8 x64
i7-4700mq 2.4 ghz
GTX780m 4gb
8gb RAM

Used it for the Resident Evil Remake (GC) and it worked perfectly the first time on 4.0.
Played it like for 2 hours then came back in 3 weeks and now it always crashes when I launch the ISO.
Here my graphicsl settings:

Backend: OpenGL (changing to Direct3D9 will make the ingame warning message appear and crashes shotrtly after)
Fullscreen resolution: 1600x900
Aspect Ratio: Auto

V-Sync on
Fullscreen on

Hide Mouse Cursor on

Internal Resolution: 2.5x Native (1600x1320)
AA: 8x
AF: 8x
PPE off
Scaled EFB Copy on

Nothing else was changed here. In DSP settings I changed the audio backend to DSound, since XAudio2 made the game crash in 15 mins the first time I played it.

This sucks really bad since I absolutely don't know what could have caused this. Trying the older versions didn't get me anywhere either, the outcome remains the same. I hope you guys can help me somehow, I don't know where else to ask Sad Thanks in advance.
1) Update drivers, Windows updates, DirectX Web updater, and latest version of Visual C++
2) Make sure under Power Management in Windows you're running in High Performance. Also, make sure you have a high performance profile set in Nvidia Control Panel
3) Use the OpenGL backend with Vertex Streaming Hack on one of the latest dev builds, as it is faster than D3D.

TheOro44

(01-12-2014, 06:58 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]1) Update drivers, Windows updates, DirectX Web updater, and latest version of Visual C++
2) Make sure under Power Management in Windows you're running in High Performance. Also, make sure you have a high performance profile set in Nvidia Control Panel
3) Use the OpenGL backend with Vertex Streaming Hack on one of the latest dev builds, as it is faster than D3D.

Done 1 and 2, just tried the 3rd solution and it's still the same. Can I view the error log somewhere? Maybe this might help.
Have you tried using the latest development revisions of Dolphin? As of this writing, the latest revision is 4.0-609 as of this writing. You can find it here: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/ (scroll down).

If that doesn't help, additional things you can try are 1) disabling dual-core or 2) right-click the game in Dolphin, go to Properties, and enabled Sync GPU thread. Either one will probably result in some sort of performance cost (either slowdowns or increased usage of hardware resources if your system can handle these settings).

TheOro44

(01-12-2014, 11:40 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried using the latest development revisions of Dolphin? As of this writing, the latest revision is 4.0-609 as of this writing. You can find it here: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/ (scroll down).

If that doesn't help, additional things you can try are 1) disabling dual-core or 2) right-click the game in Dolphin, go to Properties, and enabled Sync GPU thread. Either one will probably result in some sort of performance cost (either slowdowns or increased usage of hardware resources if your system can handle these settings).

Enabling Sync GPU or disabling Dual-Core didn't help, the newest revision is giving me a new error though.

"MSAA on default framebuffer isnt't supported.
Please avoid forcing dolphin to use MSAA by the driver.
4 samples on default framebuffer found."

What does that mean?
Try this: under C:\Users\<User>\Documents\Dolphin Emulator, delete the ShaderCache folder.

Are you running Nvidia driver 332.21?
That error means you're trying to force anti-aliasing (MSAA here) through your driver. Just turn it off when using Dolphin; set any AA you need through Dolphin, or perhaps use Nvidia Inspector if you must.

TheOro44

(01-13-2014, 03:33 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]That error means you're trying to force anti-aliasing (MSAA here) through your driver. Just turn it off when using Dolphin; set any AA you need through Dolphin, or perhaps use Nvidia Inspector if you must.

Turning off AA through the NVIDIA control panel helped, it now works again Big Grin Thank you and of course everyone else, who tried to help me, maybe now I will be able to finish this masterpiece!