Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: information about my system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi,
i woul like to know if my system is good enough to run dolphin.

i have a pentium DUAL CORE e5500 2.80

and a graphic card sapphire ATI RADEON 4650

i have tested the program , but i have audio problem with zelda twiglight princess and with star fox assault,

i've tryied to change the audio setting , but i still have the problem.

what can i do ?
CPU bottleneck. Dual-Core CPUs are very weak for Dolphin as it is now, no matter the model.
Well, at stock speeds, you won't be able to run the most demanding games, but most low to medium games should be playable.
Look and see if your motherboard supports overclocking. If so, do so.

Update everything: drivers, windows updates, DirectX Web updater, latest version of Visual C++
Use one of the latest dev versions and the OpenGL backend.
Make sure under Power Options for windows you're in high performance. Also set a high performance profile in Catalyst Control Center.
@DJBarry004

You do realize that every cpu microarchitecture up to and including haswell has dual core models right? And that dolphin only uses 2 cores?

You're right that his cpu is too weak. But it's not because it's a dual core cpu. It's because it's a pentium dual core wolfdale based cpu.
You can overclock it to 3.6GHz if you have aftermarket cooler (such as CM 212 Evo) and Arctix MX-4
Light-weight games like star fox assault , melee will run full speed if you do so . However , demanding games like zelda twiglight princess , xenoblade , star fox adventures .... won't run well
(01-11-2014, 10:10 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]@DJBarry004

You do realize that every cpu microarchitecture up to and including haswell has dual core models right? And that dolphin only uses 2 cores?

You're right that his cpu is too weak. But it's not because it's a dual core cpu. It's because it's a pentium dual core wolfdale based cpu.

I forgot to mention that I was referring to the Pentium ones.
do i get any improvement if i change the processor with Intel Core2 Quad Processor Q6600 ?

(01-11-2014, 02:24 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]You can overclock it to 3.6GHz if you have aftermarket cooler (such as CM 212 Evo) and Arctix MX-4
Light-weight games like star fox assault , melee will run full speed if you do so . However , demanding games like zelda twiglight princess , xenoblade , star fox adventures .... won't run well
The E5500 that you already have is stronger in relation to single core speeds than the Q6600.
Did you try to overclock you CPU?
i don't know how to OVERCLOCK the cpu and if its dangerous or not.

(01-23-2014, 02:38 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]The E5500 that you already have is stronger in relation to single core speeds than the Q6600.
(01-23-2014, 06:00 AM)jpcapobianco Wrote: [ -> ]i don't know how to OVERCLOCK the cpu and if its dangerous or not.

(01-23-2014, 02:38 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]The E5500 that you already have is stronger in relation to single core speeds than the Q6600.

The only way to know if it´s getting dangerous is checking the temps after applying every boost. And to overclock, just go to the BIOS and look for anything related to CPU frequency.
Pages: 1 2