Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Legend of zelda wind waker frozen?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yo, hello everyone. I seem to be having issues with the latest build on the gamecube emulator, i try playing legend of zelda the wind waker and after the story line and stuff, before it goes in game, it just goes black. and stays that way. My fps keeps going from 59 to 60....then 59, then 60. just over and over. My old video card i could get in game with 7-10 fps, with my new card it shows nothing.

My old card was a ati radeon 9550 256MB
my new card is a ati radeon x1650 pro 512mb

and i can play punch out for wii with around 7-10 frames with my new card in. so i don't see what the deal is. Please help
try a newer build, and just so u know, catalyst 9.4 and up has a memory leak. use catalyst 9.3 if youre going to play on dolphin.
Updated my drivers and no luck. Still goes all black. I'm using the latest build. maybe a different build can do it, not sure. But my old card could go in game and i could play with an extremely low frame rate
I had this issue as well.

To fix it, just go into dolphin, and select wind waker from the list. RIGHT CLICK, and go to properties. Then go to the tab that says patches. Look to the very bottom left and click edit config. Delete the lines that say item....hack or something like that, i cant remeber, and the line below it. make sure you do not delete more that 2 lines, it is the item line and the line RIGHT below it. make sure there is no blank line, close it and save the config.

Now play and enjoy Tongue

Oh, if that didnt help, just do the same steps again until you reach the patches tab, then click the checked box that says item (whatever it is). then go past the point that you were stuck on, then save, close it and check it back. or you can go ahead and delete it like before from the config. I did this and had no problems.