Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Poor performance with my new ASUS HD 7750
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Slime Knight

Hi, I have the following computer:

AMD A6-3500 APU with RADEON graphics, 4GB RAM

It has its own integrated graphic card (AMD Radeon™ HD 6530D)

With this integrated card, I could play most of GC games but I couldn't play most of Wii games, FPS were too slow

So I thought that buying a new graphic card would be a good idea and I bought a ASUS HD 7750 SERIES

It is amazing how my gaming experience have improved with PC GAMES (I can set graphics to high with no lag)

BUT...

As far as Dolphin is concerned... It hasn't improved anything Huh

I cannot even play Mario Kart Wii without it being super slow and almost unplayable.

I'm a newbie in PC graphics Cards and Emulation but I thought that you could help me find out what's wrong

Thank you so much Blush
1- AMD -sucks- when talking about single-core performance.

2- And like if that isn´t enough, APUs and Dolphin aren´t very good friends.

3- This thing has been said in the forums -approximately over 9000- times: Dolphin and ANY PC game don´t behave the same.

Normally, a PC game needs a strong GPU (that thing is not even a card, just a GPU) to work well. Dolphin requires a strong CPU to work well.
Slime Knight Wrote:So I thought that buying a new graphic card would be a good idea and I bought a ASUS HD 7750 SERIES

You probably should have asked us about that first rather than assume this. As DJBarry hinted at your build is cpu bottlenecked in dolphin. Any improvement to any component other than the cpu will not improve performance. Only a cpu upgrade will boost your performance with dolphin since it is the bottleneck.

Dolphin doesn't really hate APUs. It's just that all of the AMD APUs currently out there don't have particularly good single threaded cpu performance which tends to be the main bottleneck for dolphin.

Slime Knight

Thank you for your replies

Now that the mistake is made, do you know any configuration that would let me play Dolphin a bit better with my specs?
Which game?

Slime Knight

(01-11-2014, 05:08 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Which game?

Mario Kart Wii

Thank you