Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is my hardware good enough?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

VivalaMcb

Hello. I'm currently attempting to play "Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door", however I get inconsistent fps such as 38-55, however when I overlock i receive frames of over 80, my highest fps was 112

Here are my specs:
Processor: Intel Core i5 650
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GT 320
Ram: 6GB

If I have left anything out please inform me. Kind regards.
Honestly that computer should be fine for Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. I used a Core i5 760 at 3.4 GHz and never had a problem, especially in dualcore. I'd use OpenGL + Vertex Streaming Hack to get the most speed + least amount of glitches.

VivalaMcb

(01-08-2014, 04:54 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly that computer should be fine for Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. I used a Core i5 760 at 3.4 GHz and never had a problem, especially in dualcore. I'd use OpenGL + Vertex Streaming Hack to get the most speed + least amount of glitches.
Nothing changed. Sad
Thanks for your input though. Shy
Post a picture of your Graphics Settings pages so we can see how you have it all set up.

VivalaMcb

(01-09-2014, 01:44 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Post a picture of your Graphics Settings pages so we can see how you have it all set up.
Sure thing. I added "Paper mario" properties because I fiddled with that a bit looking through youtube ways of fixing it.
[Image: 2n9kcag.png]
[Image: eb3m69.png]
[Image: 2hsbsia.png]
[Image: 11910cx.png]
[Image: 34q20jt.png]

Edit: Also in Game properties what does the solid blue box mean?
From pauldacheez: "blue squares mean that the game will use whatever Dolphin's set to use for that setting, and checkmarks mean it's enabled and empty means it's disabled"
Re-check enable idle skipping, its a speed-up. Also make sure it's checked under the main options in Dolphin. Then check what your frame-limit is set to. It should be auto.
Set your display full-screen resolution to Auto.
For EFB Copies, try disabling cache.
Check OpenMP and Fast Depth Calulation. (Some say OpenMP doesn't work, I find that it does)

Use one of the latest dev builds.

Check for Windows updates, driver updates (intel driver update utility online for example), DirectX Web installer, and the latest version of Visual C++
Uncheck "Synchronize GPU Thread", that's almost as bad as disabling dual-core (and fixes all the same bugs!). Also uncheck "Cache Display Lists" as that commonly breaks things, and try playing with "VBeam Speed Hack" checked and unchecked since you may or may not like its effects.

VivalaMcb

Things are working now. Big Grin
Thank you all for the help you gave me, it seems pauldacheez's information helped the best.
Kind regards everyone. And thanks again for your time Smile