Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: MP2E door close and backpatch crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Metroid prime 2 echoes will always crash for me when doors closes when i go to the rooms around dark torvus temple after defeating chykka.Huh

When will dolphin developers have time or know
how to fix this backpatch crash?.

I am using Dolphin svn r 3940.

And are there someone there as also have experienced this crash?.
i havent gotten tht far yet..i just started today and got two of those keys...but ill let you kno if i hav tht problem...btw how did you get your memory card transfered without having to completely format it?
I have no problems with PAL memory card on dolphin.
yea i tried to copy the memorycardA.raw to a newer version of dolphin and it had me format it...
(08-06-2009, 05:21 AM)hansenderek Wrote: [ -> ]yea i tried to copy the memorycardA.raw to a newer version of dolphin and it had me format it...

did you copy the right file? the right file for PAL would have been MemoryCardA.EUR.raw..
the memorycardA.raw that you copied is just a clean and non-used memorycard... dunno for what dolphin uses it^^
OMG THTS GAY!!! UGHHHHH lol ill have to go try this new idea THE KING...lol be back in a little while..lol TongueTongueTongueTongue
ok so i played thru metroid prime 1 on svn build like 1547 or something close to that...but in the GC folder it has memory cards in diff folders of japan, european, and USA...do i copy and rename one of them or what do i do?

sorry about the off topic subject
Now to my question again.
The backpatch error message and messages after backpatch error.

Warning
BackPatch : Currently only supporting reads.
Attempted to write to 1322fe34.

Warning
Backpatch write - not through EAX

Warning Redudant MOV @ 000000000AD603D0
Warning Redudant MOV @ 000000000AD603E8
Warning Redudant MOV @ 000000000AD603EA

Warning
BackPatch : Currently only supporting reads.
Attempted to write to 1322fe34.

Warning
Backpatch write - not through EAX

Warning Redudant MOV @ 000000000AD6043B
Warning Redudant MOV @ 000000000AD60453
Warning Redudant MOV @ 000000000AD60455

Warning
Read from invalid memory region (0x3b310c90)
This is either the game crashing randomly, or a TLB write. Several games uses the TLB to map memory. This
function is not supported in Dolphin. Unfortunately there is no way to recover from this error, so dolphin now exit abruptly. Sorry!
Activate the TLB-Hack...

Right click on your iso (in dolphin) -> properties -> tlb-hack. Try this. The first messages you get gives me not very hope, but...

Quote:Read from invalid memory region (0x3b310c90)
This is either the game crashing randomly, or a TLB write. Several games uses the TLB to map memory. This
function is not supported in Dolphin. Unfortunately there is no way to recover from this error, so dolphin now exit abruptly. Sorry!

is normaly solved by the TLB-Hack. Just give it a try.
Thank you so very much. SmileSmileSmile

I can now play through the whole game without this sort of crash.