Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: can i run brawl at 60fps?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looking to play brawl (notably project m) at 3x IR. Considering a build with fx-6300 and r9-270x. I'm hopefully looking to get 4 player battles going at 50fps+ in HD... Hopefully :l What do you guys think?
Base on Dolphin Benchmark , a heavily overclocked FX-6300 @ 4.5GHz is still slower than your i5 2400
Dolphin - multiplayer is pretty demanding , the more player you add , the more slowdown you get .
(01-05-2014, 10:18 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Base on Dolphin Benchmark , a heavily overclocked FX-6300 @ 4.5GHz is still slower than your i5 2400
Dolphin - multiplayer is pretty demanding , the more player you add , the more slowdown you get .
I know the i5-2400 I have in another PC is already challenged by galaxy, zelda, metroid etc. but it handles brawl pretty well flawlessly. Was hoping I could get a decent performance from a cheaper cpu for a 2nd pc with the sole intent of only running brawl.
Then you will have to push FX-6300 to the very limit
If i was you , i would get an i3 4130 @ 3.4GHz + H81 mobo instead
4th gen is 20->30% faster than 3rd gen Core i series . 3rd gen is faster than 2nd gen . Since Dolphin is a dual core application , i3 4130 will blow i5 2400 out of the water
(01-05-2014, 10:49 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Then you will have to push FX-6300 to the very limit
If i was you , i would get an i3 4130 @ 3.4GHz + H81 mobo instead
4th gen is 20->30% faster than 3rd gen Core i series . 3rd gen is faster than 2nd gen . Since Dolphin is a dual core application , i3 4130 will blow i5 2400 out of the water
That sounds like a great cpu for me. I know I'm changing my needs now but do you think the i3-4130 could run skyward sword decently at 3xIR? It's just that when you say "blows the i5-2400 out of the water" I except some improvement in other games as well as brawl. Currently SS runs at 10-20fps on an i5-2400.

Also, unrelated to dolphin if you care to give your input; I guess it would limit "next gen" gaming being a dual core but at least it gives me options of upgrading to a broadwell processor in the future being an 1150 socket cpu. Or a 4670 at least.
Quote:Currently SS runs at 10-20fps on a i5-2400
I don't know why your FPS is so low . Perhaps , you didn't activate some speed hacks such as Vertex Streaming Hack (only available for OpenGL backend) and Vbeam speed hack (right-click the game -> Properties)
LLE is also very demaning for that game , you should use the default HLE
https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...ward_Sword
Quote: I guess it would limit "next gen" gaming being a dual core but at least it gives me options of upgrading to a broadwell processor in the future being an 1150 socket cpu.
Well , a quad core is still 10->20% faster than dual core in Dolphin due to background processing with extra cores