Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is something wrong?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Dry4Haz

Hi, I'm having trouble to get good preformance for wind waker. I had good preformance long ago but I stopped playing because I lost my save.
Anyways, now when I play it plays around 70% - 100% speed and I don't know why. By the way, I used your permorfance guide.

Here are my computer parts:

cpu: amd 3.6 GHz quad-core

ram: 8GB

System: windows 7 home premium 64 bit

Graphics card: Nvidia geforce gtx 660
Use CPU-Z to find out exactly which CPU you have. Some of the newer AMD chips have bad single-core performance (which Dolphin relies on). As Dolphin gets more accurate, it becomes more demanding.

Dry4Haz

(01-03-2014, 02:58 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Use CPU-Z to find out exactly which CPU you have. Some of the newer AMD chips have bad single-core performance (which Dolphin relies on). As Dolphin gets more accurate, it becomes more demanding.
I have AMD FX™-4100 Quad-Core Processor
Sorry, but it is very weak for Dolphin.
(01-03-2014, 02:43 AM)Dry4Haz Wrote: [ -> ]I had good preformance long ago but I stopped playing because I lost my save.
Anyways, now when I play it plays around 70% - 100% speed and I don't know why

You were probably using an old version of Dolphin, much less demanding than the one you're now using.
This might partly explain your performance drop
Try opening the graphics settings to reset the game-specific config. Make sure EFB to RAM is set to EFB to Texture.

Alternatively you can try switching to Direct 3D 9

As for why this happened randomly, it could be because of a Windows update or graphics card update. I assume you're using the same Dolphin version, or that may be the case too.
Or better enough: OpenGL + Vertex Streaming Hack.
Damnit, I misread the poll. I thought it was asking if my pc was good enough...lol