Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: i7-4770 configuration - how will this hold up?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Intel Core i7-4770 3.4 GHz
Asus MB Z87-C

Gigabyte nVidia Ge Force GTX780 3GB GDDR5
SEAGATE Barracuda 2000GB
Kingston SSD drive, SSDNow V300 60GB
Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB (2x8) DDR3 1866MHz

I am paying quite a coin for this beasty here, and I am hoping to get a bang for my buck. How would this setup hold with high end stuff? Thanks in advance.
Get the k Version if you get a z87 Board.

Else get a H87 Board
Only i5 4670k and i7 4770k support overclocking (leave those i7 49xxk aside )
i7 4770 doesn't support that . Dolphin is a dual core application . Base on Dolphin Benchmark , i5 4670k = i7 4770k
If you want best bang for buck CPU for Dolphin , just get the i5 Quad core i5 4670k
This isn't obviously a Dolphin only machine... I'll be doing a fair share of 3D rendering / compilation and other processor intensive tasks on it. Hence I am rather interested in how this would perform rather than what pieces I should replace. That being said, I did opt for a different motherboard - the Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC
You should still get a h87 mainboard if you plan on not overclocking (since you're getting the normal 4770).
Only difference between z87 and h87 is overclocking. If you don't want to do that you can save money.
It's a really minor price difference at the store where I'm buying at, and they don't have the h87 in stock, so might as well go with the z87.
You should buy Intel Xeon E3-1245V3 Haswell instead of i7 4770
The Xeon is the same CPU as i7 4770 but it's cheaper than i7
Every reply so far has been "you should do this"... It's done, I've bought the machine, I just wanted to know how it'd run Dolphin, not what I should have bought instead =/
Most games should run full speed .Most demanding games should run fine but The Last Story and Zelda TP (Hyrule Field only) and some other demanding games (Metroid series for example) require OCed i5 4670k/i7 4770k (Prefers : 4.2GHz or higher)
Since your CPu is locked to the core , there is no way these games could run full speed

Wait a minute . You bought an overpriced prebuilt pc , seriously ? If you build your own PC , you can save tons of money
The intended purpose of this thread was silly.
Pages: 1 2