Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Netplay assistance required
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

RprShadow

Hi, recently I've been trying to emulate and engage in netplay with my copy of Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4 which I painstakingly imported, file dumped, and converted my disc to an iso file so I could use it to play with other game owners over dolphin software. (I have the disc/box/ect as proof) I've tried versions of dolphin ranging from r2661 up to the 4.0-542 version released today, as well as the DC-netplay branch versions after 4.0 and I've experienced a range of set backs and confusing road blocks that I'd like to seek advice or guidance with.

Firstly, I've played the netplay feature on the game with a friend using the 4.0542 version, and may I say it's amazing in its quality and the game plays at a fantastic 60fps even during netplay, and seems to even support dualcore usage without desyncs as long as there are only two users in the lobby. (Adding a spectator seems to IMMEDIATELY cause dsyncs) But despite the wonderful game quality I've experienced with my friend hosting I'm unable to host my own netplay session. I'm using Qwest as my isp with a Q1000 ZyXel model router/modem and I've tried port forwarding in everywhich way I could imagine from my standard router control panel to trying to use outside software like portmapper and hamachi to assist in the endeavor, and I've still not been able to host a netplay lobby with any of my friends can even join without failure. I've disabled my firewall, antivirus, and even my routers firewall so I would appreciate if basic tactics like that are ommited from any responses I might get, beyond that I'm open to any suggestions and will do my best to understand and follow any instructions somebody might have to assist me.

Secondly, I've noticed a glitch that two of my friends seem to have suffered from with the dolphin software, where they are able to play their .iso files perfectly fine, load them into the dolphin library/queue and even set the iso as their default iso path, and yet when they try to host netplay sessions in that game it does not appear in the menu and is not accessible. One friend in particular could not get Naruto gekitou ninja taisen 4 to show as an option to host, despite the a'fore mentioned steps being taken in versions 3.0 up to 3.5 but seemed to randomly gain the ability to host after trying versions 4.0 and higher. No changes were specifically made beyond trying newer and newer versions of the dolphin software. Now at that time I was able to see my .ISO as a host'able game, though unable to host myself as I mentioned in my first dilemma, so I assumed this to be an isolated glitch that sorted itself out and was simply glad it was no longer an obstruction. Days later though, I talked another friend of mine into purchasing Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4 and following the steps I did to play it with out group of friends over dolphin version 4.0-542, however, this individual is also now unable to select the game to host it in netplay, despite it being a newer version of the dolphin software which I had assumed phased out this issue. So if anyone could clarify to me what is going on with that so I might be able to pass on the information, I would greatly appreciate it. Again, all parties involved whom are having this issue ARE able to load the .iso file into the dolphin library, set its path in the directory, emulate it completely fine, AND even tried setting the file as the default .iso.
1: Adding a spectator will not cause desyncs. If that is happening, you are setup incorrectly or not following directions properly.

2: in the DC-netplay branch, you just right click games in the gamelist to host. If it's not in the game list, then that's the problem. If it is and the older versions don't show it but newer ones do, again, we don't support older versions of dolphin. I know Netplay has been weird with non-NTSC games in the netplay men, sometimes they just show up at garbled text in the non-DC-netplay branches.

3: You wrote a lot of text, so I'm trying to scope out the questions. If you can't host on non-DC-netplay builds, that's because you're port is not open properly. That's all there is to it. On the DC-Netplay branch, there is a small number of routers that do not support the automatic port forwarding. It is currently being worked on.

4: Seriously, if the DC-netplay branch doesn't use the special netplay game list, that's why. Also, if it's a Wii game (I really don't know) Also, if the game isn't supported in the DC-netplay branch, you can still play it on single core in the branch and test out the specialized hosting features. DC-netplay does not work with every game, many black-screen/fail to launch in the current setup.

5: Screenshots of their gamelist, your gamelist, netplay host list, etc. may help us diagnose what's happening. Again, if I missed any of your questions I'm sorry, but I read through your post twice trying to pick everything out.