Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: various dev builds not opening, but official stable build does
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been able to run dolphin 4.0.2 just fine, but the latest builds - i.e. 4.0-486 or 4.0-540 seem to crash right away. All I get is "Dolphin.exe has stopped working"

Am I doing something wrong?
Did you compile it yourself? I noticed you are running Linux.

Btw, "N/A" is not a valid entry in the specifications area. Your profile is filled with that stuff. You should fix that.

Just an FYI, Dolphin hasn't had "SVN" builds for years. The developers have used GIT for some three years now.

While I'm ranting, it's "i.e." IE is Internet Explorer.
Okay, I fixed the profile (this computer was still in the parts-selection process when I made the account).

Right now I am running Windows 7 on this particular computer. I wanted to make sure I had the hardware running with windows drivers before I installed an OS where driver installs can be a bit more of a headache. I did not compile it myself.
This is the error I get with the development versions:

Fault Module Name: MSVCR120.dll
Fault Module Version: 12.0.21005.1
Fault Module Timestamp: 524f83ff
Exception Code: c000001d
Exception Offset: 0000000000098b00
You didn't include the .dll when you downloaded the new versions
(12-20-2013, 02:14 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]You didn't include the .dll when you downloaded the new versions
Care to clarify? Because the file above does exist in the folder.
(12-20-2013, 06:24 AM)GranteedEV Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-20-2013, 02:14 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]You didn't include the .dll when you downloaded the new versions
Yeah, that didn't really make any sense, ExtremeDude2..
You probably just need to install the vc++ 2013 redist package: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...x?id=40784
(12-20-2013, 06:38 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-20-2013, 06:24 AM)GranteedEV Wrote: [ -> ]
Yeah, that didn't really make any sense, ExtremeDude2..
You probably just need to install the vc++ 2013 redist package: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...x?id=40784
I tried it, but no go.
The all the new dolphin downloads come with most (all?) the needed .dlls I'm not sure what there is to clarify about that
FWIW, the same issue was reported by someone on IRC today. Might be worth investigating.
Pages: 1 2