Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Unable to launch two 5 star compat games, able to launch two 4 stars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Aloehart

I've tried Kirby Air Ride and Dragon Ball Z Budakai 2 as tests and cannot launch either of them.
Both have a black screen with FPS 0 and VPS 60. 100%.

I am assuming something is wrong as these are both listed as 5 star games on the compatibility list.

I am able to play Mario Kart Double Dash with little issue and am able to play Smash Bros Melee with only minor slow down when there are several models on screen. Curious as to why 5 star games aren't working at all.

I initially used the default out of the box settings. Work fine for doubledash/melee, do not work at all for air ride and budakai.
I tried open gl for the video and dsp lle for audio with same results.
I followed the performance guide on the wiki and experimented and haven't been able to get either game to load.
Quote:Warez/downloading games talk is prohibited and frowned upon. To prevent legal issues, you may not post links or refer to any kind of BIOS, ISO or game that has been illegally obtained or shared. Furthermore, discussion pertaining to "ROM"s is only allowed when it relates to the DSP. If any post like that is found, the thread containing it will be closed and further support will be revoked. Stating that you've downloaded an ISO will get you banned immediately, no matter if you purchased the game or not.

Aloehart

(12-18-2013, 01:40 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Warez/downloading games talk is prohibited and frowned upon. To prevent legal issues, you may not post links or refer to any kind of BIOS, ISO or game that has been illegally obtained or shared. Furthermore, discussion pertaining to "ROM"s is only allowed when it relates to the DSP. If any post like that is found, the thread containing it will be closed and further support will be revoked. Stating that you've downloaded an ISO will get you banned immediately, no matter if you purchased the game or not.
l
line removed, though i was referring to ripping the discs themselves, both my copies and my wives.

edit: nvm i'll tinker with it and get it working if i have to dive into the source. Unable to delete the thread for unknown access reasons, ignore the thread.
Yo, ED2 (and everyone else) please make sure to quote the offending text if you're going to bring up the piracy rules (you know, the part that talks about downloading and whatnot) next time. As it stands, I did not see the post's original text. If the OP edits it (as in this case), I have no way to see the original text, and it's a case of "he said, she said", which is not the way I enforce the rules here. At the very least, I will close this thread.

@Aloehart - I don't know what you did to make someone suspect you of piracy, but you have to dump the game from your own discs. The problem you describe sounds like a bad dump. Rerip them from your discs and verify the MD5 hashes (valid hashes can be found at GameTDB.com).

Closed.