Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Why is Dolphin running slower now?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I first got my laptop, I could run Dolphin pretty well. SSBB ran at 80-100% emu speed during 2 player multiplayer and the opening. My laptop was taken away few months ago and now SSBB runs at 30% speed. I tried resetting my laptop to see if it would help but it didn't. I'm just wondering if there is a way to restore my laptop to regular speed now (overclocking, i dunno no very good with hardware stuff...).
Check your clock rates and temperatures.
NV, this guy's obviously not gonna know how to get those numbers, let alone what numbers he should be seeing. Explain better.
I understand what you mean by the temperature and clock rate, I just don't have the program right now. Can't download it now either (I'm on a phone right now) unless there is another way of checking. By the way, you mean temperature while it's running right?
Yes, check the temps while running Dolphin. Idle temps will rarely tell you there's a problem unless your cooling is absolutely terrible (and/or clogged). Dolphin is pretty CPU intensive, so the CPU temps rise significantly when running the emulator.

As for programs, you can use HWMonitor for temps, CPU-Z and GPU-Z for clocks for each respective piece of hardware.
There are my temperatures and my clock rates
You may want to check the GPU heatsink, since it´s hitting max temp. Also take a look at the CPU heatsink, seems that you´ll need to apply some new thermal paste soon.

If you can max out both fans in the BIOS, do it. That can help to cool down.
Max out both fans ? what ?
His laptop is a multi-media type . It has only 1 fansink and heatsink for both CPU and GPU
A Gaming laptop with dual fansink won't ever use a low-end CPU + low-mid range GPU
Yeah @Op , your laptop is burning . Stop playing game until you disassemble it , remove the old thermal compound and repaste an aftermarket one such as Arctic MX-4
Okay, will do I'll see if that help. If not, at least I won't be killing my laptop anymore