Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can't get past "Plug in nunchunk" in LoZ Skyward Sword
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Before I spend money on an Xbox 360 USB adapter I want to see how well LoZ plays on my PC (if it can actually run it at the highest res). But I can't even get past the screen saying to plug in the numchunk, I am using keyboard and mouse. Any way to get past this screen?
Post your emulated Wiimote settings as screenshots.
You can't play Skyward Sword on a 360 controller in Dolphin. Wiimotion plus cannot be accurately emulated, you will not have a good time, and you will not be able to get past spots even with versions of Dolphin with Emulated Wiimotion Plus hacked in. If you want to play Skyward Sword on Dolphin, get a bluetooth adapter, a Wiimote + Motion Plus adapter + IR Emitter (preferrably from Dolphin's recommended accessories page, https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/reco...s-dolphin/ ) and a nunchuck if you don't have one.

Plus, you can use it with every Wii game and play them as they were meant to be played.
(12-18-2013, 06:40 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]You can't play Skyward Sword on a 360 controller in Dolphin. Wiimotion plus cannot be accurately emulated, you will not have a good time, and you will not be able to get past spots even with versions of Dolphin with Emulated Wiimotion Plus hacked in. If you want to play Skyward Sword on Dolphin, get a bluetooth adapter, a Wiimote + Motion Plus adapter + IR Emitter (preferrably from Dolphin's recommended accessories page, https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/reco...s-dolphin/ ) and a nunchuck if you don't have one.

Plus, you can use it with every Wii game and play them as they were meant to be played.
Okay maybe I will do that instead. Could you link me to a cheap wii motion plus adapter (I have a wii mote already, 1st generation) and a blue tooth adapter too?
(12-18-2013, 05:50 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Post your emulated Wiimote settings as screenshots.
[Image: 30di6wp.png]

Also to the guy who said you cant play on xbox 360 controller, I downloaded some profiles that were from a youtube and it looked pretty "okay" although most likely you have had more experience than I have but can you still not play well even with these profiles?
You can't emulate Motion Plus with current versions of Dolphin, whatever profile you're using. You can read this for more informations.

As JMC47 said the best solution is to use a real Wiimote. Emulated Motion Plus being so tedious to use...
(12-18-2013, 10:21 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]You can't emulate Motion Plus with current versions of Dolphin, whatever profile you're using. You can read this for more informations.

As JMC47 said the best solution is to use a real Wiimote. Emulated Motion Plus being so tedious to use...
Would anyone be willing to link me to a good quality wii motion plus adapter for a regular wii controller as well as a blue tooth adapter? Note that I am running Linux and not windows so the bluetooth adapter needs to be compatible. Just give me the links please and I will do the resrarch.
You already have been linked to a wii motion plus adapter - https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/reco...s-dolphin/

As for bluetooth, any adapter should do. Linux's bluetooth stack is the best and it should give you no troubles at all. ...though I'm not sure how the Azio in the recommended accessories page up there would work on linux...
Seems the Azio BTD-V201 is pretty solid in Linux, as far back as 2008, so any distro more or less current shouldn't give you an issue. Check out the Amazon/NewEgg reviews and search for "Linux" if you're curious as to what other users are saying (mostly "it works" from what I skimmed :p).