Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Suddenly running 50% slower
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'd been playing my dump of Baten Kaitos Origins at a fluctuating 80~100% speed at 4x resolution for a while and everything was great, and I was hella happy, when suddenly, today, as I booted up Dolphin for the first time in a week or so, I found myself stuck at 10~15 FPS even when I lowered all my requirements to 1x resolution and stuff.

I checked other games too and everything is just refusing to go above 50% speed, basically.

It has nothing to do with overheating, I already checked with Realtemp, and my settings are the exact same as they were before.

The only thing I can think of that I've done on this PC that's different than normal is install the free Fallout 1/2/Tactics from the GOG giveaway. Every other moment I've been studying.

This was supposed to be a nice happy study break during finals and now I'm just irrationally annoyed instead >_>

HELP Sad
Can you post your settings and exact Dolphin build? Also youre on a laptop: are you sure it is plugged in and in "High Performance" mode in the Control Panel?
In addition to haddockd's suggestions, make sure Dolphin's on a high-performance profile in the Nvidia drivers, and that you're using the OpenGL backend with "Vertex Streaming Hack" checked. (It tires me to have to tell everyone these two things.)
Just add it to your signature with some irritated comment...lol
Of course I have it set to high performance in Nvidia; my Nvidia settings are also all the way skewed to performance and not graphics.

The version of Dolphin I have (3.5 x64), unless I'm blind, doesn't have vertex streaming.

Weirdly enough, I do have my laptop set to high performance now while I had it set to power saver while it was running the games perfectly. Yeah, I have no idea wtf this is .____.

Laptop specs are just default Lenovo y410p (I'm in college! Tongue Can't exactly have a rig set up); i7-4700mq @ 2.4 ghz, Nvidia GeForce GT755M, 8 gigs of ram 1600 mhz

Dolphin is 3.5 x64 because I tested 4.0 a bit and it ran slower

Config is OpenGL, scaled EFB copy checked, EFB texture checked, external frame buffer disabled, disable per-pixel depth checked, openmp texture decoder checked, DSP HLE w/XAudio2, Dual Core, Idle Skipping, threads locked to core (Original settings had all three unchecked when it was running fine, I've tested with all of them checked and unchecked and it does absolutely nothing to my run speed)

Playing with my Dualshock 3 if it matters...?
Use one of the latest dev builds with the OpenGL and vertex stream hack. On your CPU, games should run pretty well, unless they're the really demanding games.
Is your frame-limit set to auto?
Im not sure you need lock thread to core enabled....
Your specs sound kind of good for Dolphin. And you have to update to 4.0.2 (latest Dolphin stable version).

When you do the update, then you´ll see the Vertex Streaming hack in OGL.
Nope, exact same problem w/ 4.02. 60~65% speed max. If it weren't for the fact that it was running fine before I'd assume it was just my PC, but... :|
(12-17-2013, 06:35 AM)syncyes Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, exact same problem w/ 4.02. 60~65% speed max. If it weren't for the fact that it was running fine before I'd assume it was just my PC, but... :|
With Vertex Streaming Hack (OpenGL only)?

Anyway, try checking your temps, probably it´s overheating.
Yeah, vertex streaming hack is on.

And as I said in my original post, I've checked everything out with Realtemp and everything is OK, so overheating has nothing to do with it.
Pages: 1 2