Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Sodonia

Okay, I'm extremely new to the whole Dolphin download and emulator thing. A lot of the problems I had before I researched, etc, through google and found answers to but this one I can't seem to find.

The Dolphin I am currently using is: Dolphin SVN R 1546
For the GC and Wii.

The first time Dolphin crashed, I fixed the problem by download DirectX, and then the Emulated worked fine.

Now, I'm trying to play a game; Zelda's Twilight Princess, and I can browze and open it fine, but when I click to play the game, it says "booting" and then this comes up->

"DolphinWx.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I'm assuming that this is a crash.
At first I thought that it was the game, so I downloaded a different torrent, to see if it would fix the problem. The problem remains (dispite my three days wait each download of Twilight Princess).

I've also tried downloading newer versions of Dolphin, or updates, like Dolphin_2745, and Dolphin_x86_nightly-jit.

When I try to extract these two, this is the error I recieve:
"! C:\Documents and Settings\Mariah\Desktop\Twilight Princess\Torent\Dolphin_2745.zip: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged"

I get the same error for both... Using WinRaR, or Zip7.
And I've downloaded Dolphin 2745 a few times to see if it had just downloaded improperly.-- Not the case.

I'm assuming that this can be fixed! I just don't know what I'm doing or where to start.
Help?
1st, don't use the 1546 version. It is VERY outdated. They don't even do Wx versions anymore. The reason you're getting the error for the 2745.zip download is because it's not downloading all the way. The whole file should be about 4.1 MB. But the server has been having some issues so it usually only downloads about half of it. You can go to http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-16.html and download the latest SVN builds.
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-11.html

We can not provide any help for you since you downloaded the game illegally, you are also at risk for getting banned according to the rules which every new member should read before clicking the "New Thread" or "New Reply" button.

It is also likely that you downloaded a corrupt or non working disc image which makes it harder to troubleshoot the source of your problem other than it being illegal.

Go google some guides on enabling your Wii for homebrew, if you don't own a Wii then buy one. You can also dump games via a special LG drive, which are rare and hard to find now. Specifically for dumping Gamecube games, a Gamecube + USB/SD Gecko or the Phantasy Star hack with the broadband adapter for Gamecube will suffice.