Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: ISO Not Being Detected in Dolphin??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

justiniankim

So basically, I want to play my wii games on my computer through Dolphin because a) my wii is basically broken and b) my only input monitor doesn't support RGB plugs that the Wii usually uses.

With what seemed to be a working optical drive, I managed to burn Super Smash Bros Brawl through cmd and FriiDump and located my .iso file. However, when I opened up dolphin, it was not able to detect the SSBB ISO on my desktop. I then downloaded imgburn (im allowed to talk about burning software right?) to burn it into a DVD+R DL disk, but then the disk doesn't recognize a file, despite imgburn saying it was successfully burned. Any idea on what's going on?

Side note: when I drag the .iso file to the dolphin emulator, it says its not a wii/gc file, despite it being a legitimate iso with the correct number of bits.
The folder your .iso is in needs to be in the "ISO Directories" list in Config > Paths for the game to appear in your game list. If it isn't, add it; if it is, your .iso is probably broken and you should probably try dumping it again.

justiniankim

(12-16-2013, 12:47 PM)pauldacheez Wrote: [ -> ]The folder your .iso is in needs to be in the "ISO Directories" list in Config > Paths for the game to appear in your game list. If it isn't, add it; if it is, your .iso is probably broken and you should probably try dumping it again.
This is the result I got. Is it because I'm using Friidump? Should I download/use a different dumping program or does Friidump work?
Also should I try a different wii game to make sure if my optical drive even works? The dumps and burns claim to be successful... though Friidump says my drive is not supported.

EDIT: Attachment was too big to post.
I don't really know about Rawdump/Friidump. I haven't used either, I've only ever used CleanRip on my Wii. That said, try redumping and/or dumping other games – maybe this just happened to be a bad dump. If repeated attempts fail, you'll likely have to find a different disc drive to use. (Or just use CleanRip, if your Wii works well enough for it.)
The correct file size for the dump doesn't mean that the data is correct. Use a free tool that can generate an MD5 hash (google around for one) then compare that hash with the hash of a verified copy from sites like GameTDB.com. If the hash doesn't match what the sites have, your dump is not 100% 1:1 byte-for-byte copy. In this case, you'll have to keep trying to dump with FriiDump. Sometimes, it can take quite a few attempts to get it right, especially with Dual-Layer DVDs.

justiniankim

Yeah uhh how do I do this?
(12-16-2013, 01:25 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]The correct file size for the dump doesn't mean that the data is correct. Use a free tool that can generate an MD5 hash (google around for one) then compare that hash with the hash of a verified copy from sites like GameTDB.com. If the hash doesn't match what the sites have, your dump is not 100% 1:1 byte-for-byte copy. In this case, you'll have to keep trying to dump with FriiDump. Sometimes, it can take quite a few attempts to get it right, especially with Dual-Layer DVDs.
I already told you, grab a tool that can generate MD5 hashes from files (google for one, there are dozens of free ones). Look at your hash, find the Super Smash Bros entry on GameTDB.com (make sure the region matches, e.g. NTSC-U for US, Mexico, Canada, NTSC-J for Japan, PAL for Europe), then compare the hash on that page. If the hashes don't match, keep dumping your game with FriiDump. If they do match, we will have eliminated a corrupt disc image as your problem, and we can start looking at other causes.
I just had to do this with my dump for DQ: Swords. Worked one day and the next corrupt. I re-ripped it (and ran some diagnostics on my HDD) and havent had an issue since. Just re-rip the game instead of worrying about the hash. It will be faster in my opinion.
(12-17-2013, 01:00 AM)haddockd Wrote: [ -> ]I just had to do this with my dump for DQ: Swords. Worked one day and the next corrupt. I re-ripped it (and ran some diagnostics on my HDD) and havent had an issue since. Just re-rip the game instead of worrying about the hash. It will be faster in my opinion.

If you re-rip the game and it's still corrupt (again, seems to happen more frequently with dual-layer DVDs like XBC and Brawl) you'll still be scratching your head as to what the problem is if you don't verify the hash (which takes less time than actually redumping a game). If it turns out the hash he has now and the hash from the redump are fine, he'll still be scratching his head as to what the problem is since the disc image won't be corrupt and presumably still won't load. Checking the hash takes a few seconds and helps you eliminate what's causing your problem.
Oh. Perhaps I just have been lucky. I havent really had many issues ripping my games (admittedly I dont have very many).
Pages: 1 2