Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Legend Of Zelda Twilight Princess. Issues.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(12-16-2013, 06:05 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]DJBarry: I really don't think he needs to overclock an i7 4770K, especially for Twilight Princess.

Darksin: I think maybe your problem is the shadercache being generated or the "Hyrule Field" issues that make the game difficult to run. You can try running OpenGL with that graphics card, keep the Internal Resolution at 2x or lower, because this game uses EFB2Ram, higher IR really hurts the framerate. Vertex Streaming Hack helps on this game as well, so have that on, should have no negative effects. If my computer can handle it, yours can too, yours is pretty much identical (or better, in case of processor) to mine.
@JMC47: My bad, sorry. I thought that Twilight Princess was a demanding game. Confused
Btw i forgot to mention, i haven't even been to hyrule yet... the frame drops also happen in the beginning city and the open forest once you have to chase the girl that went after the monkey.
Twilight Princess is a mildly demanding game; it's just not one the same level of Super Mario Galaxy and such. I don't know why you're having framedrops in the beginning city, honestly.
So i actually managed to fix my problem by going back to 3.5... i'm not sure whats messing up the game for me with 4.0.

But now i only have one problem left. i have a small "ghost" issue, not sure how to explain it but i have epona, and he has two heads , second one is barely noticable and see-through. not sure how to explain it
>"beginning city"
>"i have epona, and he has two heads"
You start in a village, and Epona is a female horse.

Also, yeah, if you're experiencing bugs on 3.5, go back to 4.0.2. Your speed issues can probably all be solved by using OpenGL and checking "Vertex Streaming Hack" in Graphics > Hacks.
Nope, tried that. i can use the lowest settings for full speed on 4.0 and i'm getting fps loss. When i'm using 3.5 no FPS loss at all at highest settings... but i'm having ghost issues though anyone knows how to solve that? meaning i sometimes see a overlay of a object.
Make sure you're not disabling EFB copies mid-game? The game starts with some default settings enabled, including EFB to Texture (or possibly even RAM, I forget); if you have EFB copies disabled in the Graphics settings and open the panel in-game, it'll override the game's default settings. Usually disabling EFB copies mid-game results in the last EFB copy being overlaid over the video output.
Hmm what do you mean? i tweak the settings then i start playing. if i'm having problems i close the game then tweak them again Tongue or do you mean i have to start the game then tweak the settings?
...Well, never mind, then.

Your speed issues on 4.0.2 may also just be GPU throttling. Put Dolphin on a high-performance profile in the Nvidia drivers to fix that.
(12-16-2013, 06:21 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]I thought that Twilight Princess was a demanding game. Confused

It is. But only in some specific parts of the game (like a lot of other games btw). For me this game can be considered as demanding
Pages: 1 2 3