Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I found a solution to playing .h4m files!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Sellbars

Hello everyone,

Recently I have been having difficulties playing the Interactive Multigame Demo Disc July 2002 (JAP) ISO, namely, the .h4m files located in there (it contains Super Mario Sunshine commercials and advertisements). I noticed that tons of people could not play .h4m video files or even initiate them. I had the same issues, but the videos could play through partially before freezing both the video and audio. I tried several configurations as to weather or not the videos could play all the way through, applying hacks, changing the audio backend and the video backend, with no luck. However, I noticed that if you move your mouse around (vigorously) while the video is playing, it will fully complete! I have no idea why, it sounds illogical to me as well. However, I am extremely happy I found this solution, so I will provide it to the Dolphin team to... er... analyze. Enjoy this and thank you for such a great emulator Big Grin

The specific version of Dolphin I tried doing this on was 4.0-533 (I was pretty desperate for a solution). If you believe that my configuration has some impact upon the video, I will provide that when requested.

I have the .h4m files each in its own seperate .gcm, if that matters too.

EDIT: I double checked with the other files, and they work flawlessly (the point where the video is about to freeze, you will need to seriously move the mouse until the freeze point has passed).