Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Thoughts on system for Dolphin / Zelda
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hero of Time 64

Hello everyone,

I was looking for a new computer to play the zelda games with dolphin.
Will this work with the following set?

Intel i3 3240
Geforce GT 640
MSI H61M-P20 (G3)
Cooler Master Elite Power 400w
Kingston 4GB DDR3 - 1600Mhz
Gelid Tranquillo Rev 2
Artic Cooling MX 4

My budget is between 300-400 euros.
I was hoping a box and harddisk could be includded in this price.

I hope someone can help me...
Should be good for all of them except maybe Hyrule field in Twilight Princess.

Hero of Time 64

(12-13-2013, 04:45 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Should be good for all of them except maybe Hyrule field in Twilight Princess.

Haha you live up to your motto, ' gotta post fast'.
Alright thanks man. I was wondering if there is anything which I can cut the cost (get
a cheaper compononent on which it will work as well?)
Well if you aren't going to OC, there isn't much point in buying a cooler

Hero of Time 64

(12-13-2013, 04:55 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Well if you aren't going to OC, there isn't much point in buying a cooler
Aah of course thanks.
And I guess Hyrule Field will still be playable right? Despite the lag
Buy i3 4130 + H81 mobo + EVGA GTX 650 . Seriously , 4th gen Haswell is much faster than 3rd gen Ivy Bridge in Dolphin
i3 3240 won't cut it
ExtremeDude2 Wrote:Well if you aren't going to OC, there isn't much point in buying a cooler

I must disagree. There are at least 3 major advantages:
1. Lower temperatures extend the lifespan of the hardware. And not just the cpu. A powerful HSF boosts airflow around the surround area with helps cool the mobo. too.
2. You can go much longer without cleaning it due to higher overhead and more room for dust to accumulate.
3. Much quieter when under load.

It's certainly not necessary without OCing but there is a point and many people do buy them for stock builds. Usually to cut down on noise.