Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Graphics settings problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Roccojones

Hi, I am new to this forum, or any forum for that matter. I have been having alot of fun with dolphin for a few years. I ran into a major problem of late. I set my graphics adapter to my dedicated graphics processor (nvidia 610m), and it shows up after selecting it. After starting an emulation and playing for a few seconds I notice alot of glitchyness, (like the game is stuttering) . So I check all the settings and what happens is the Dolphin will switch automatically back to integrated graphics (intel 3000). I try to reselect my dedicated card, but it is not selectable anymore (doesn't show up in the dropdown choices). To remedy this I shut down dolphin and change the default graphics processor settings to nvidia 610m in the display options on my laptop then restart dolphin. This happens over and over. Why does it do this and how to prevent it? (keep the graphics settings from changing automatically?)
Selecting the GPU from the dropdown list does nothing afaik, you have to force it in the drivers

Roccojones

(12-13-2013, 01:40 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Selecting the GPU from the dropdown list does nothing afaik, you have to force it in the drivers
Hey I believe I did that, I disabled the integrated graphics driver and it caused other issues on my laptop graphics, so I changed it back. Is there any other way than I described?
Under Nvidia control panel, set dolphin to use the high performance graphics card
Leave the Intel GPU selected in Dolphin, but set Dolphin to high performance in the Nvidia settings as everyone else says.
Whatever you do, do not select the second option in the "Backend" dropdown box. It's buggy because the NV driver is buggy and we can't help it. Instead, select the first adapter, and make sure Dolphin is set to high-perf mode in the nvidia driver settings.