Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to get Free Look camera rotation to work?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Qaazavaca Qaanic

From several four-year-old videos, I saw that Free Look can be made to rotate the screen by right-click and drag. When was that functionality removed, and is it possible to get it back?
It was broken in Windows in 4.0-436. I made an issue report for it, but so far nothing has been done. *shrug* I'm sure it will be fixed eventually.

https://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/is...il?id=6854

Qaazavaca Qaanic

Maybe Dolphin needs a help file... though it doesn't look like it will ever happen. I think that right now I don't have any need for a help file, but it may be useful to find features and/or figure out hard-to-setup topics.
On the other hand, the (broken) feature isn't even mentioned in the right-click text. I wonder how else anyone would find out about this (broken) subfeature. Also, even the major features are relatively undiscoverable?
It's only been broken for a little over a week...
(12-12-2013, 04:47 PM)jimbo1qaz Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe Dolphin needs a help file... though it doesn't look like it will ever happen. I think that right now I don't have any need for a help file, but it may be useful to find features and/or figure out hard-to-setup topics.
On the other hand, the (broken) feature isn't even mentioned in the right-click text. I wonder how else anyone would find out about this (broken) subfeature. Also, even the major features are relatively undiscoverable?

MaJoR and I were working on a Dolphin user manual (I mean, it pretty much deserves one), but then Life happened to the both of us. Plus, Dolphin keeps changing Angry Why? It's like people constantly like improving the emulator or something...

But broken features are part of the development process, especially with the very latest changes. It probably isn't mentioned as broken because it's going to be fixed soon (either in short-term future or in something like 4.5 or whatever comes next). If it's seriously busted up in something like 4.5, you can definitely expect it to be mentioned (one hopes at least).
There *is* a readme.txt in Dolphin that neobrain updated very recently. I don't think it covers the freelook controls, though.

Qaazavaca Qaanic

I think adding the controls to the tooltip is enough for now, possibly along with a mention of it being broken? on Windows. I don't need it now though.
jimbo1qaz Wrote:I think adding the controls to the tooltip is enough for now

Uh, mouse over the Freelook button in the GUI. It already tells you the controls.

Qaazavaca Qaanic

Oh...