Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: strange fps issue with twilight princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
basically i've been playing this on the top of the line laptop i recently got, and right up until the point where i finished the arbiters dungeon the game ran fine, flawlessly even, however, now that i have started hunting for the shards to the mirror, hyrule field runs like it did on my old amd pc.... i tried upgrading to the latest release but there has been no change, not sure why its acting up now, kinda odd, checked my settings still the same, nothing i change seems to fix it.

any ideas?
Hyrule field has always been the slowest part of the game.
yeah i know, but that's the strange part, first part of the game it ran fine, no slow downs nothing, solid 30 fps, but after the point where i get the first mirror shard it goes back the same frame rate that my old system has.
The farther you go ingame the slower it goes
Yeah, this is a very well-known slowdown that's been around for years. Overclock if you want to mitigate it.
i see, so i guess i'll just have to put up with it then?
Unless you can and know how to overclock your CPU, yeah, you'll just have to deal with it.
I found that my rig was able to play it full speed if I use LLE on Thread. I didnt get any crashes from it but that isnt to say none are possible. You can also use HLE for a huge speedup (assuming you are using LLE).
I have tried Twilight Princess and have not had any problems. Hope all is well!