Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Emulator wont run. First time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys. I have dolphin on my laptop and I'm trying to get it on my desktop right now.

My dolphin emulator keeps telling me that Dolphin.exe has stopped working whenever I try to run it. After some looking around I've realized the the Dolphin Emulator folder only has 1 folder in it. the Wii folder. Which isnt how my laptop one looks so I deleted this folder completely and dolphin ran fine!

But, I had some problems getting Project M to work so I thought to reinstall dolphin and I ran into the same problem. It wont run. So i decided to delete dolphin emulator folder in my documents again. This time around it wont generate all the other folders in the "Dolphin Emulator" folder and keeps crashing after generating the "Wii" Folder.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Project M needs the dumped NAND files from your Wii, I do believe.
Also, do you have your drivers, visual c++, and directx all up to date?
Well. Right now its not even project M thats the problem. My dolphini is crashing on start up. After it generates the Wii folder in "my documents" it just crashes.

And I believe my drivers are all up to date. I'll check again tonight.
I think i figured out the main problem. The "Dolphin Emulator" folder is not being generated properly whenever I run dolphin for the first time. Has anyone run into before?

I've tried many different dolphin versions 4.0 and up and it has this problem. It seems to only generate like 5% of the folder the crash on boot.
Wait, so does it cash when you open a game, or when you open the emulator?
Also, check for driver updates, visual c++ updates, and run directx web updater (not all directx gets installed with video drivers)
It crashes when opening the emulator.
Yeah, do that check.
Also check windows update
Hey. So i've updated my direct X and visual C++ drivers then did a windows update. Still no luck.

Dolphin will run the first time but fail to reopen.

Thanks for your help. I've seen a similar thread elsewhere but noone seems to have a solid answer/solution to this. any other ideas?
Well, now we got past one issue....
Can you post the pictures of your graphics config page?
Also, I dont think this will fix the problem, but make sure you're in high performance for windows and nvidia
haha that might be kind of hard. I cant seem to get it to boot even the first time anymore. might be time to give up on my desktop and just run it off laptop ._.
Pages: 1 2