Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Pokemon XD cheats/Dolphin settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

nickdooch95

Hey guys, so I am currently running Dolphin 4.0.1 on Windows 8, and playing Pokemon Xd Gale of Darkness. I have looked up cheat codes and found that all of the master codes I input produce the same error message (Master code and write to CCXXXXXX not implemented) And says that master codes aren't needed. I try to use my other cheats (money, coupons cheats) without using the master code but they don't work. Are the cheats somehow patched that they can't be used anymore? If not, then is there something I am missing?

Also, can someone who is running their dolphin at perfect FPS please give me their settings? I have tried so many different settings but it just makes my game crash profusely. Thanks!
Master codes are just addresses for where an Action Replay needs to insert hooks into a game's code that make the game apply the cheats at a regular interval; this is necessary because an Action Replay can't poke memory addresses on its own and needs the game's cooperation. Dolphin doesn't need these because it can apply cheats itself every frame. Any cheats that don't work are likely broken by Dolphin's awful emulation of the GameCube/Wii's actual memory layout.

Also, running the game at full speed depends almost entirely on how fast your CPU is. If games aren't running full speed, the only damn thing you can do is get a faster computer (most preferably something with an i5-4670K and a GTX 760). This instantly makes Dolphin an expensive pain-in-the-ass hobby, so, uh... I'd advise you to get out while you still can. >_>