Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Swiss Widescreen integration.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Devs. Dunno where else to put this so I figured I'd put it here.
Was asking the Swiss Devs if I could get the cheats they use to make Widescreen possible as I figured that it's like pcsx2 and just a set of cheats. I sadly am wrong....

But in this link is a link with their documentation and also a post that explains how you can are the dolphin Widescreen hack better!
http://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewtop...=25&t=1677

Enjoy :-)
This has been suggested before, and as usual it'll only be implemented if someone's interested enough in it to write the code themselves. Open-source developers tend not to implement things at others' requests unless the developers themselves want it enough, and developers don't always want the same things you want. The amount of physical/mental effort it takes to implement something also factors into this quite a bit – you'll have a much easier time getting a dev to add a choice to the Internal Resolution box that lets you type in a custom resolution than you will convincing them to rewrite the shitty broken Zelda µcode HLE.
I understand that, it is merely me giving them what little footwork I've done since as of now it's out of my realm of knowledge. But rather then let the information go to waste I figured I'd share it here. Maybe a dev will pick it up. Maybe they won't, but the Information is here none the less :-)
wait, the widescreen hack checkbox isn't this hack? Does this work better than the widescreen hack that's already implanted in dolphin?

Qaazavaca Qaanic

Yes, the Swiss wide screen hack is more advanced than the Dolphin hack, and it works in many hakes that have graphical bugs with Dolphin. However, some games are less stable, possibly due to the higher load caused by the improved widescreen rendering.
Also, does anyone have a way to run Swiss on a real Wii?

Qaazavaca Qaanic

Oh. Wiipower's Swiss booter is no longer on MEdiafire. Can you send over your booter dol?