Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Error trying to access ansi fonts but they are not loaded
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

meowwub6

so back a while ago around 3.5 i tried to play geist and everything worked but it got about 3 fps so now that ive upgraded to 4.0 i decided to try again and now it works at about 50 fps but i cant see any of the words i can hear options being selected and i can select them but i cannot see what im selecting and this definitely sounds to me like the "missing" ansi fonts so where do i find them or how do i fix this
P.S i only get this ansi font warning from paper mario thousand year door which works perfect and geist as i just noticed...........but about 20 other games dont have this warning on them
Set your texture cache from fast to safe under graphics. That can give problems sometimes
The "missing ANSI fonts" message has no relation to the texture cache, it's caused by Dolphin missing a folder somewhere (./Sys/GC/, specifically). I'd recommend you reinstall Dolphin or, even better, uninstall 4.0 and install Dolphin 4.0.2: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/

meowwub6

(12-08-2013, 10:36 AM)pauldacheez Wrote: [ -> ]The "missing ANSI fonts" message has no relation to the texture cache, it's caused by Dolphin missing a folder somewhere (./Sys/GC/, specifically). I'd recommend you reinstall Dolphin or, even better, uninstall 4.0 and install Dolphin 4.0.2: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/
ok that's one of the possibilities i assumed since i took my gc folder from the older dolphin and copied and pasted it into the new dolphin to transfer my save files i will download and find the ansifonts.bin and put it where it belongs that should solve my problem or so i hope
That file should be within Dolphin's folder in Program Files. If you upgraded from a version before 3.5-2381, the ansifonts.bin is sitting in the user folder along with your memory card files, in which case you may want to get it out of there as that might be confusing Dolphin.