Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Talk me out of a rmbp 13 2013.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Mario'smustache

(So after reading a lot of forums, most topics in this one)
Hey all, I was thinking about buying a new laptop, I use my mac mini for graphic art, animation, and photo/video editing, now I'd like to go portable and wanted to get the new Retina 13 Macbook Haswell Iris graphics. But I've seen Apple laptops overheating and thermal paste issues when running Dolphin.
Has anyone seen this new mpb running Dolphin? Do you think this would run Wind Waker and Metroid Prime?
If you had $800 what would you buy that would not lag/overheat?
I kinda on't want to spend more than that or else I could keep both systems in OSX.
Anything with about that screen quality or build quality?
Thanks for any suggestions.
EDIT: For games mainly Metroid Prime and Windwaker, no Wii.
Afaik , Macbook Retina 13" cost around $1299->$1799 , not $800 . That budget should be enough for the ultrathin Gigabyte gaming laptop or even an overpriced Razer Blade 14" (Dual fansink , most multi-media laptop like MBR 13 has only 1 fansink)
Metroid Prime won't run full speed on any mobile CPU except the extreme edition Haswell (Support overclocking) . You need at least an i7 4700MQ to run those Metroid Prime games decently . Windwaker uses LLE backend as default , LLE is really demanding ...Unless you switch to HLE via audio settings