Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: SSBM issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Rariyokuu

for some reason Super Smash Bros. Brawl won't work very well for me. it gets ingame fine and everything but it never gets above 12 FPS. I'm using the NTSC version. tried what daco said to make it go faster and still i get this.Undecided

here are my specs:
Processor: Intel® Celeron® D CPU 3.46GHz, ~3.5GHz
Memory: 2GB RAM
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 3450 512 MB
Operating System: Windows 7 Release Candidate 32-bit

help is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

rated r

Use the "Gamebooster" that Ocealiner or what ever his name in the dolphin discussion forum provides in his thread. It closes all processes and programs temporarily until you tick it off. Once you run gamebooster, close firefox, AIM and all the other things and only run dolphin.
have you ever played a game (especially wii-games) fullspeed with this system?? - don't think so
Your Processor is crap. I had the same some time ( = 4-5 years ago), and it was horrible (even for that time!)... The Celeron D is like a quarter of a Pentium D, what is actually also not that good.
You won't get many games in Fullspeed (only low-req-games).
btw: didn't know that the ntsc version of Brawl works with dolphin or do you mean Smashbros Melee?

Rariyokuu

(08-04-2009, 05:22 PM)the_flash Wrote: [ -> ]btw: didn't know that the ntsc version of Brawl works with dolphin or do you mean Smashbros Melee?

woops my bad. well it says ssbm in the title though.

and i tried the gamebooster and it made no noticeable change
i think its because of your crappy comp - don't think your Celeron D can handle dolphin in fullspeedWink

Rariyokuu

o.0 i didn't realize 3.5 GHz was considered crappy...though it is 2 years old. oh well i guess it does no good to upgrade eveything else if the processor is still bad.
(08-07-2009, 10:05 AM)Rariyokuu Wrote: [ -> ]o.0 i didn't realize 3.5 GHz was considered crappy...though it is 2 years old. oh well i guess it does no good to upgrade eveything else if the processor is still bad.

clockspeed is only one thing....
The GHz doesn't matter when you have a Celeron

Any proccesor different from Celeron with the same clock speed will give you better performance , I know from experience ( really no xD )
Pages: 1 2