Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Max settings\performance settings help\suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Goku24

Getting into some retro gaming lately, I've used emulators in the past, after lots of trial and error running max settings with tweaks on the psx emulator I had amazing graphics. New to the dolphin emulator I was looking for more information on running max settings, strictly and pretty much researching settings only for my resident evil marathon, 0-4. I have watched several youtube videos, looked at stickies and will continue to do so on what most of the setting features mean but any help is greatly appreciated. Any useful information or links would be great for trying max settings for my setup, 1920x 1080p. Thanks for any help! I'm running Intel Q8400 overclocked @ 3.2ghz, I have the cooling can go higher easily, GTX 560ti 1GB GDDR5 overclocked as well and 8 gigs of ram overclocked too. Sorry if its too genetic of a question, I love tweaking everything as much as the next guy but love seeing others opinions I love pushing everything as far as it goes, thanks!
There's no secret combination of settings that'll make everything run flawlessly "at max settings" in Dolphin. Maxing out the graphics options without your GPU bottlenecking game speed is GTX 780/780 Ti/Titan territory (a 560 Ti should do just fine for 3x/4x Internal Resolution with low amounts of AA, I think), and running games at full speed is almost entirely dependent on your CPU. I'd recommend you upgrade that thing to an i5-4670K (preferably overclocked) if you can afford it, as the old Core 2 line ain't that good for Dolphin anymore.

If you want something other than an "upgrade your goddamn CPU" speech (these are given out a lot here), use the OpenGL backend and check the "Vertex Streaming Hack" box in Graphics > Hacks for a free speedup.

Goku24

Ok thanks, yea my cpu is older so i added excellent cooling i've just been overclocking everything, only game I ran on PC was an older MMO game that required a Pentium 4 3ghz requirement lol I am running Direct3D9 at Anisotropic Filtering 16x, anti aliasing at 4x and even 9x 1920x1080p and resident evil 0 and 1 runs perfect and looks amazing but I always want to make sure I cant push it farther. Only thing I have noticed is the candles and the flames dont line up, the four flames are to the left of the candles looks funny. I'm not sure about the extras, not sure about lock threads to core, not sure about DSPLLE on thread i think that's to run the third core on processor? Not sure about widescreen hack, V-Sync, Anti-Aliasing or pixel lighting or any other ones that enhance detail like under the advanced settings. I do of course have enable CPU access off and Copy\enable texture on. Looking for those tips and which ones under advanced help with detail. Thanks!