Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Lag with NetPlay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

First, many thanks to the autors of this great emulator !
I'm posting here just because I have a simply question about multi.

I have no problem with playing games in offline mode because all the setting in options, are ticked (in particular Dualcore enabled) and make the games playing with a constant 60 fps.
But, in online mode, it is lagging a bit because I follow the recommended steps to make NetPlay working.
And it's working but the fact that the emulator emulates the games with only one core make all the games playing slowly (laggy)...
It is a bit better in OpenGl mode but the FPS falls down to about 30 with it...

My PC hardware is more than enough (i7 960, GTX 560ti 2GO, 6GO RAM).

So my question is : because we are obliged to desactived the Dualcore (inter alia) to play NetPlay, we will never play the games as fast as offline mode with optimisations enabled (DualCore) ? Or, I missed something ?...

Sorry for my bad english I'm French.

Thanks to those who would answer me.
Ben
Dual-Core mode, while giving good boosts, it can cause some desyncs while in NetPlay. So, for more stability, the devs recommended everyone to uncheck Dual-Core so they can have more stability when using NetPlay.Smile

Or at least it´s what I read here in the forums...Confused
There is an experimental branch called dc-netplay which allows you to use dual core with netplay. It works well for many games, but not all. Give it a try.
DJBarry004 >> thx for your answer but my problem is that with the dualcore disabled, the games on NetPlay are very lagging... So I'm looking for a solution
RachelB >> Thx to you, if this is the only solution, I will give it a try. But I was wondering why everyone says that they seems to have no problem with no lag on NetPlay, despite the Dualcore disabled... It's curious...
But thx !
People who say they have no problem on netplay are pretty experienced with Dolphin in most cases. Mario Parties can be played on Single Core with powerful computers, for instance.
Yep. So in detail, with me spec, I tested on Mario kart DD and Time Splitter 2 and it's lagging. It seem that my proc is not sufficient enough to emulate games, only with one core...
Anyway, I will try DC-Netplay.

Thanks everybody, and I may come back here telling all of you if DC-Netplay is playing my games properly and with no lag if interested.
Shonumi Wrote:DJBarry004, you really shouldn't give advice on how games will play on the OP's high-end system based on your experiences with a low-end system.
So...
The DC Netplay seems to be the version 4.0 514.
I tried it but in the Tool >> Netplay section, there is only a window where we may enter "Host or Id".
But I don't understand why we could not choose our game ?
And anyway, the version does not seem to connect.
Is this version is working ?

Thanks.
https://dolphin-emu.org/download/list/old-dc-netplay/1/

Right click the game you want to host on. ID will be given to you when you host.
Thx !! Smile No desynch and no lag anymore...!