Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: What would be the best appropriate settings for my laptop?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My laptop's specs are:

Model: Asus K55N
Processor: AMD A8-4500M APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics, 1.90 ghz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7640G
RAM: DDR3 1600 4G
CPU: A8-4500M
HDD: 500gb 5400R SATA

Games I want to play:
Ssbm
Ssbb(Project M)
Bloody Roar Extreme
Naruto Gnt 4
PSO Ep1 & 2
DBZ Budokai 2
I've been messing around with my settings a bit but i can't seem to find any that can run most of these games at above 40 fps except for ssbm which runs at 50-60 fps.
That's because your hardware is far too slow. If you want optimal settings you'll need to look at the wiki pages for these games. There are no magic settings in dolphin that are "appropriate" for any given hardware configuration or that will magically fix everything.
Try OpenGL on a current dev build, it's recently gotten much faster on AMD GPUs (and is usually faster than D3D regardless). Don't expect miracles, though, your hardware's still shit.
ok well thanks anyways. guess i'll just have to wait till i can upgrade to something better then.
I know it's ironic but Dolphin doesn't like AMD CPU at all . At least until AMD fix their god damn low single threaded performance
Stay away from their mobile CPU line . Those CPUs are really weak (even weaker than modern i3 CPU)
You should shoot for :
Low budget : A10 6800k @ 4.4GHz or higher (Only integrated GPU )
Mid range : i3 4130 @ 3.4GHz + Any GPU like EVGA GTX 650 or the equivalent laptop : i7 4700MQ @ 3.2GHz (Integrated GPU is ok for most games except demanding games ) . You can get i7 4750HQ if you want the fastest APU atm (Intel HD 5200 Iris Pro is on par with dedicated GPU : AMD Radeon HD 8770M ) or you can pair i7 4700MQ with a dedicated GPU
High-end : i5 4670k + Z87 mobo + AMD R9 270X or better GPU
k i guess when i have the money i'll upgrade, but probably wont be for a while since this laptop was bought march. honestly didn't know all of this until now.