Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Degradation of FPS Dolphin 4.0-Resident Evil 0+Remake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi. Long time lurker, first time poster.

A computer was given to me by a friend, its a lenovo m92p tiny. The specs are

i5-3470T processor (2.90GHz, 3MB Cache)
Windows 7 32 Bit
IntelĀ® Q77 Express Chipset
4 Gb Ram
Intel HD graphics 2500

I have resident evil 0 and remake, when I first started playing these games I was getting a constant fps of 60, but ever since earlier yesterday it seems as if the fps is degrading, getting slower. I'm not sure what has happened? its quite weird. I know the onboard graphics isn't a great thing to be proud of, but still, everything ran smoothly for a day straight, now when I play them they stutter a lot
Plus don't change the font color/size of your entire post to draw attention to it. All it does is makes it harder on the eyes to read.

Have you checked your cpu temperature?
I don't know why the text was changed to that big of a font. I didn't do anythign special but just typed my message and edited it.

I will download an app tonight and report back as to what the temp is. But this happens the instant i turn the computer on and run the emulator.

The cpu usually maxes out to 49-50 percent though.
Temperature issues usually only take seconds to happen. That does not rule it out.
I'm getting a reading of 77 c on both cores during gameplay. Side its 55
Those are normal. Check that turbo boost is working. Is this running off of AC power or battery?
How do I check to see that turbo boost is working?

The PC is plugged in.
Check the clock rates for both the CPU and GPU using HWINFO64

Sounds like it's not throttling but let's be sure. Did you change the dolphin build, settings, or game .inis before this happened?
http://postimg.org/image/kxnh6rupf/

Here's a pic of what the program reports

AFAIK, I didn't change anything.
Alright. All the clock rates are correct. That means you must have changed something on the software side. Try to think of what it might be. Either something to do with dolphin or a background program.
Pages: 1 2