Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: My processor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

earthboundin

Right now I have a quad core a6 3420m at 2ghz, I can run a few games(none wii obviously)But I was wondering if getting an a6 4400m would let me play mario galaxy(I intend to overclock) I don't care if it's at native resolution(480p) that 4400m is a dual core and I'd be clocking it from 2.7 to about 3.2. I can't play mario sunshine :\
I'd also like to play weegee's mansion(I already can, but I'd like to go higher than native for that one)
(12-04-2013, 03:42 AM)earthboundin Wrote: [ -> ]mario galaxy
No. You need at least a Intel Sandy Bridge CPU at 4Ghz for that to run fullspeed. (You WILL notice if it's slow.)

Quote: I'd also like to play weegee's mansion(I already can, but I'd like to go higher than native for that one)
You're being GPU bottlenecked then. It's not your cpu that causes the slow down.

Overclocking will most likely only gain you like 3-5FPS

earthboundin

(12-04-2013, 03:54 AM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2013, 03:42 AM)earthboundin Wrote: [ -> ]mario galaxy
No. You need at least a Intel Sandy Bridge CPU at 4Ghz for that to run fullspeed. (You WILL notice if it's slow.)

Quote: I'd also like to play weegee's mansion(I already can, but I'd like to go higher than native for that one)
You're being GPU bottlenecked then. It's not your cpu that causes the slow down.

Overclocking will most likely only gain you like 3-5FPS
I'm guessing x3100 intel sucks
Oh goodness yes