Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How can i use codes without the (M) code?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello so i was trying to use some AR codes in The Legend of Zelda Wind waker after i saw a very funny video in the internet
and i found a page with a lot of AR codes for the wind waker so i decided to try them and i found codes like "Link can walk in the water"
i added the codes and none of them worked so after looking for a solution for almost five minutes i found out that i needed the (M) code? (i guess master code) so i added the (M) code to the AR codes and at the moment the game started a message poped out with something like "You don't need to use (M) codes bla bla bla" (Sorry the message was in spanish Big Grin )

The game started and none of the codes added worked , so i was wondering... does this have to do with the (M) code , the region of my game (Pal) , or the codes in general?

Sorry for my english i know it's pretty bad Blush

[Image: 15cc5l0.jpg]

Error Action Replay : Master code and write CCXXXXXX hasn't been implemented? ((m))
the master codes are not necessary , don't use them

(Yeah that's some google translate action)

Maybe i'm doing something wrong from the start like taking the codes from the wrong region
Maybe i'm taking the AR codes from the wrong page
Maybe i'm adding the Codes in the wrong way
Maybe i'm stupid.

Anyways thanks for the help Blush
(12-02-2013, 06:07 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]3- In some games you DO need a master code so the cheats can do their work.

Err, wat
(12-02-2013, 06:07 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]That message is exactly from Dolphin v2.0, which is extremely old and no longer supported.

1- Update to latest Dolphin (currently: 4.0.2).

2- Be aware, though, that some AR/Gecko codes will be broken/won´t work well/won´t work at all.

3- In some games you DO need a master code so the cheats can do their work.
1- Sorry i didn't include this in my post Tongue i have the 4.0 Version (at least looks like)
[Image: 2aiix38.jpg]

2- Ok Sleepy ..... pssssst do you know where can i find Ar codes for thw wind waker? Big Grin (PAL)

3- So the message means Nothing? i mean even if it shows up it doesn't change anything? or this game is in the kind of games that need the (M) code? (don't know if i'm making myself clear on this)

4 -Do you know how can i hide the large images like the one above ? it feels like it could be annoying for some people Tongue

THANKS!
No games need the (M) code. That code's specific to actual Action Replays that have to hook game-specific code somewhere to be able to apply codes. Dolphin just applies the cheats itself every frame, thus there's no game-specific trickery that needs to be done and no use for the (M) code.
(12-02-2013, 07:49 AM)pauldacheez Wrote: [ -> ]No games need the (M) code. That code's specific to actual Action Replays that have to hook game-specific code somewhere to be able to apply codes. Dolphin just applies the cheats itself every frame, thus there's no game-specific trickery that needs to be done and no use for the (M) code.
So... if i don't use the "(M) code"
and the AR codes don't work
if only because of the AR codes being wrong?
Huh
Yup. Either that or the game's memory allocation isn't being emulated accurately, which is more likely to be the case.
(12-02-2013, 06:18 AM)Cherenando Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-02-2013, 06:07 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]2- Ok Sleepy ..... pssssst do you know where can i find Ar codes for thw wind waker? Big Grin (PAL)
you've seen PeanutButterGamer using some of my codes and other codes posted to gscentral I assume. well, gscentral is currently down. they are switching hosts and it might take a some time. I gonna post other codes I have hacked there as soon as gscentral's vbulletin is back again!
AND the Master Code (M) is action replay related, only. it is not needed for the dolphin emulator. the Master Code contains a hook to a special routine and some ID things, so no code duplicates or codes from wrong games can be added to another game.

p.s.: when looking for codes, mind that there exist Action Replay and Gecko codes! they use different code types. AR codes do not work as GeckoCodes. and GeckoCodes do not work as AR code!