Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: last story and xenblades on i7-3770?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

nofingershaha

Right now these are my specs:

Intel i3-2120 3.3ghz
6gb of ram
amd 7950 3gb of vram

I'm able to play Xenoblades at 30 fps until the battles, in which it fluctuates between 20-27fps(mostly lower 20s). For Last Story I was able to get a framerate of about 15-23fps running around populated areas of lazulus city(26-27 if standing around).

My question is will I be able to play these games at fullspeed if I upgrade to an i7-3770? I believe I read somewhere that and i3 being only dual core is limited for the Dolphin emulator since it needs three cores to function. My motherboard can't overclock so that's kind of out of the question.
Quote:My question is will I be able to play these games at fullspeed if I upgrade to an i7-3770?
Nope (The Last Story) . Quad Core i5 and Quad Core i7 should have the same performance since Dolphin doesn't care about Hyper Threading of i7
Xenoblade should run well , may run full speed with HLE backend and a few tweak but you definitely need i5 4670K @ 4.2GHz for The Last Story

nofingershaha

(12-01-2013, 07:39 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:My question is will I be able to play these games at fullspeed if I upgrade to an i7-3770?
Nope (The Last Story) . Quad Core i5 and Quad Core i7 should have the same performance since Dolphin doesn't care about Hyper Threading of i7
Xenoblade should run well , may run full speed with HLE backend and a few tweak but you definitely need i5 4670K @ 4.2GHz for The Last Story
My motherboard is a lga1155 chipset so i7 3770 is the most powerful I can get. I dont think there is a cpu running at 4.5ghz out the gate. But does that mean the only way to get Last Story to run well is to overclock the cpu?( like I said before my motherboard doesnt have that option)
(12-02-2013, 11:00 AM)nofingershaha Wrote: [ -> ]But does that mean the only way to get Last Story to run well is to overclock the cpu?

If by "well" you mean "full-speed" (or close to at least) then yes you will need to overclock