Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Fake Wii U emulator with Dolphin fork...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

tux_topo

I was surfing the net, and found this:
[URL REMOVED]
Called Dolphin Wii U version 0.32 beta...
I have no doubts that is a fake... is there a way to get them offline?

Cyas!!
There should be a way to report pages like that.

Up to now, the only work done in Wii U emulation (if I´m not wrong) is simulating the Wii U GamePad.
If they start hosting malware/surveyware at some point, let us know so we can try and contact Cloudflare about that. I am not a lawyer, so I wouldn't assume we have any rights to restrict the use of the "Dolphin" trademark.

As long as this website does not host any executable, I couldn't really care less.

EDIT: This looks more like a SEO/keyword spamming kind of website to me. I'll remove the URL from your post to avoid helping them.
(12-01-2013, 02:28 AM)delroth Wrote: [ -> ]If they start hosting malware/surveyware at some point, let us know so we can try and contact Cloudflare about that. I am not a lawyer, so I wouldn't assume we have any rights to restrict the use of the "Dolphin" trademark.

As long as this website does not host any executable, I couldn't really care less.

EDIT: This looks more like a SEO/keyword spamming kind of website to me. I'll remove the URL from your post to avoid helping them.

I'll be giving the protected Wii-U emulator file to the administrators so that they can do something with it and bring it to the dolphin emulator site. Hopefully, they will be able to get the password using Elcomsoft Advanced Archive Password recovery program. Maybe that will be easier than taking surveys provided by the other owners who borrowed the dolphin emulator and modified it for Wii-U use.
Brandonorf9999 Wrote:and bring it to the dolphin emulator site.

Why would we do that? Is there any proof that this does anything? I'm pretty sure it's just all surveyware and adware and other crap.

delroth Wrote:If they start hosting malware/surveyware at some point, let us know so we can try and contact Cloudflare about that.

According to Brandonorf9999, the file is freely downloadable but password protected. To open it you have to fill out surveys. So yea, it's surveyware. Also, the file is 140.98KB. Dolphin is 4.8MB. It obviously isn't a modified Dolphin release.
Wait, where is the download link? Couldn't find it anywhere on that website.
Brandondorft9999 sent an email to "administrators" with a bunch of information and links. Weird that it includes you and not me. Must be my title Big Grin. I'll forward it.
(12-01-2013, 02:24 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]There should be a way to report pages like that.

Up to now, the only work done in Wii U emulation (if I´m not wrong) is simulating the Wii U GamePad.
Yo, it greit news!!!
Guys, can i got the zip? the survey blocked me forever...
Please share it with me if yuo have got the zip, want test it....
It's fake, don't bother.