Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: FPS drops on some games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

jeffpl

I have problem with some games. For exemple, i have slowdown on mario kart wii especially on menus like the chose tracks menu and at the start of a race. I think my computer is fast enough because i can a lots of pc game with ultra setting without fps drop.

The game is unplayable on dolphin 4.01 it is too slow and it is playable but with some fds drops un dolphin 3.5.

Specs

CPU: AMD Vishera FX-6300 3.9ghz(OC)
RAM: 8go 2133 mhz
GPU: AMD Radeon HD7700
Thanks

jeffpl

I overclocked my cpu to 4.1 ghz and now the game is playable on dolphin 3.5, I only have small fps drop on menus and at the start of the first race in a cup. I have a hacked wii and i ripped some games to try and mario party 9 works without any fps drops. Sounds promising!
FX-6300 is good at overclocking , you can push it to 4.4GHz+ ( 4.4GHz = stable OC) if you have aftermarket cooler such as CM 212 Evo

jeffpl

(11-29-2013, 11:13 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]FX-6300 is good at overclocking , you can push it to 4.4GHz+ ( 4.4GHz = stable OC) if you have aftermarket cooler such as CM 212 Evo
My cooler is a CM 212 Evo Smile . i never tried to oc at 4.4 ghz. I will try because when I overcloked from 3.6 ghz to 3.9 ghz i saw a real speed gain on dolphin and when i overclocked from 3.9 to 4.1 ghz i also saw a speed gain. Smile