Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Steam Overlay with Direct3D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I am using Steam's Big Picture mode and have set up specific shortcuts for my games in Dolphin, but when I'm using Direct3D as my video backend, I am unable to use the Steam Overlay. Although, when I'm using OpenGL, it has no problem. My machine runs better with Direct3D and I would like to use it as my backend with the Steam Overlay. Has anyone else experienced anything similar and was able to figure it out? Any help would be much appreciated!
Well, I'm unsure but Steam Overlay only works with OpenGL...

BTW, in recent development builds, OpenGL is the fastest backend, even for AMD users. You're using an extremely outdated build and we support only the latest stable release (4.0) and the latest development builds (4.0-xxx)...
(11-28-2013, 10:57 PM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I'm unsure but Steam Overlay only works with OpenGL...

BTW, in recent development builds, OpenGL is the fastest backend, even for AMD users. You're using an extremely outdated build and we support only the latest stable release (4.0) and the latest development builds (4.0-xxx)...
I was using Direct3D9 on Windows 7 and it worked fine. When I upgraded to Windows 8.1, I was only able to use OpenGL with the overlay, and Direct3D11 isn't working for the overlay either in Windows 8.1. Windows 7 had no problem with any of the backends and had the Steam overlay. I was using one of the modern 4.0 builds.
Oh, I based on your profile, here says that you're in r6561. Please update your profile when you get time Wink

Check if you're using the latest drivers for your GPU and try reinstalling DirectX End-User runtimes...
(11-29-2013, 06:39 AM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, I based on your profile, here says that you're in r6561. Please update your profile when you get time Wink

Check if you're using the latest drivers for your GPU and try reinstalling DirectX End-User runtimes...
Sorry haha, I haven't been on the forums in ages and I didn't realize that. But I've already tried updating my GPU drivers again, and I'll try re-installing the DirectX End-User runtimes here in a bit and I'll let you know what happens.
(11-29-2013, 06:39 AM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, I based on your profile, here says that you're in r6561. Please update your profile when you get time Wink

Would you possibly have a suggestion on how to uninstall DirectX? I cannot get DirectX Happy Uninstall to run on my machine..
There is no way of uninstalling it. Just run the installer again and it'll take care of all...
(11-30-2013, 10:06 AM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]There is no way of uninstalling it. Just run the installer again and it'll take care of all...
I figured as much, but there wasn't any help by installing it. I've figured out a workaround anyways. If I run an x86 build instead, my machine can handle the speed of it, plus the steam overlay works no matter what backend I'm using. Thanks for the help though.