Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Only the 2nd Player should have invincibility on New Super Mario Bros Wii
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

jin799

Hi there,

I am playing New Super Mario Bros Wii on the dolphin 3.5 x64 emulator using win7 x64 and its running fine.

Just been reading for a few days on how to enable invincibility but it seems to activate it for all the players that are playing so how do I just give the invincibility cheat to the 2nd/3rd/4th player and not myself.
I want to play the game as is and I have small cousins, who want to play but keeps on dying.
I have tried the Geko cheats but they seem to enable invincibility for me as well.

Any ideas on what I should do ?
The first thing is that 3.5 is no longer supported since it´s an old version.
Want support? You should be using 4.0 or above.

The second thing is that you could try with cheat modifiers (if available for your purpose).

jin799

Thanks for your reply...
I did try Dolphin 4.0 X64 but was having an issue with the audio so read in the forum posts somewhere that 3.5 was running fine for less powerful CPUs so tried 3.5 and seemed to work fine.

Cheat modifiers ?Any ideas on a particular site ?
I have tried looking at WiiRD code database and thats where I got the codes from for the invincibility.
1- Do you know about character modifiers? You may note that to modify a character you first add the main entry (like 8111DD3B) and then the final values (normally 4).

The cheat modifiers (I.M.O.) work the same, if I´m not wrong: the main entry and then the last values that control the cheat (a value for making the cheat to only work with one player, for example).

2- The audio problems occur in 4.0 because your CPU can´t handle the game at full speed. Any slowdown provocates stuttering.

If you´d like to trade stutter with latency, you can select OpenAL and then raise the latency number.
You don't necessarily need to increase the latency setting to make OpenAL work fine; the minimum latency required for it to not crackle depends on your hardware and other odd factors. I've seen plenty of folks around who have it at 2 and hear zero crackling. The latency setting also doesn't even affect the latency very much, considering there's a fuckton of it regardless of what it's set to.

jin799

Thats why I am using 3.5 still as in there the audio selection is still 32000Hz and 48000Hz and to me it seems for this game I am getting better sound and playability.

Thanks for the replies though... will look into the cheat modifying
32KHz was removed because it seemed useless, and any problems with 48KHz are bugs in Dolphin's mixer. 32KHz only caused pops and crackles when I tried using it on the OS X-only CoreAudio backend.

The audio on 3.5 sounds better to you, but it's actually seriously fucking broken internally. That was fixed between 3.5 and 4.0, but at the cost of sounding awful at anything less than a stable 100% speed (unless you're on OpenAL). I find that cost perfectly reasonable considering it's technically inaccurate to not run games at full speed. :P