Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin GC save state freeze problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

nickdooch95

Hey guys, so I am currently playing Pokemon XD gale of darkness on the GC dolphin emulator. I rely solely on the emulator's save states (not the in-game saves) to continue my progress. Recently, as I was navigating to the save state dropdown menu, the game itself froze without my knowing, and i saved the game in a frozen state. When i tried resetting the game to the save state, I am unable to get there as the screen freezes itself unless i undo the save state (which brings me back to the start menu). I do not want to us my last in-game save (which was 20 levels ago), plus I have progressed much in those 20 levels. Any ideas on how to get the save state back?

Thanks
(11-28-2013, 01:02 AM)nickdooch95 Wrote: [ -> ]I rely solely on the emulator's save states (not the in-game saves)

You shouldn't. They aren't 100% reliable and this kind of issue may happen.

(11-28-2013, 01:02 AM)nickdooch95 Wrote: [ -> ]Any ideas on how to get the save state back?

I guess there is none unfortunately
This isn't a save state problem, this is a user error problem. If you save state while the game is frozen, it's obviously still going to be frozen when you load the state. If you don't have another save state, you're out of luck.