Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: New version of Dolphin, audio stuttering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

blacktrance

I recently got Dolphin 4.0, updating from an older version. Games run significantly faster now, but there's one huge flaw - audio stuttering. In my old version of Dolphin, regardless of a game's framerate, the audio would always sound fine. Now, if a game isn't running at a full 60 FPS, the music stutters horribly. Is there a way to fix this? Because it used to work fine.
No, it didn't "used" to work fine. That "feature" caused tons of crashes, errors and other problems in hundreds of games. It was fixed into it's current form. If the game slows down, then the audio will slow down. That is the correct emulation.

If you wish to trade stuttering for timestretch, you can use the OpenAL audio backend.
Quote: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 2.4 GHz
It seems that this CPU is too slow for the game you are try to play.

blacktrance

It's too slow to play at full speed, but it's fast enough to play at 25 FPS or so, which is good enough for me. What I want is for the audio to work - it worked fine in an earlier version of Dolphin.
So, there's no way to go back to the old behavior?
No other than trying with older builds (that are not supported here).
Use OpenAL audio backend to prevent stuttering with recent revisions...